account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Camera extremely grainy

Talent
Message 11 of 454
Message 11 of 454

Re: Camera extremely grainy

I agree the camera is shocking!!! Blurry and way too much noise, my z5 takes much better photos. Photos on the XZ zoomed in are horrid
Regular
Message 12 of 454
Message 12 of 454

I agree with the people here. It is extremely grainy. I thought my clicks are bad but.. Now I realise that other people are facing the same problem. Is this something that could be fixed by some software update (hopefully on Nougat update?). However, the Sony X performance has got amazing score on DXOMark site. Check the ratings here:

https://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles

Visitor
Message 13 of 454
Message 13 of 454

Same issue here. It does not matter if the amount of light is hogh or low, the pictures are super grainy. I bougth this phone mainly for the camera, so I hope it will be solved in next software updates...

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 454
Message 14 of 454

here too! Main selling point was the camera, image quality has to be improved with a software update including 5-axis image stabilization for photos not only for videos!

Adviser
Message 15 of 454
Message 15 of 454

Need to fix zoom camera,they are slow,and grainy...
Learner
Message 16 of 454
Message 16 of 454

Same problem, photos look like from my old SonyEricsson k790. I hope Sony will fix it before Nougat realese.
Apprentice
Message 17 of 454
Message 17 of 454

Wow, I'm surprised at the problems with grain everybody is having. I have an F8331 and am really happy with the camera in good light. It is more grainy in low light, but this is true with digital cameras in general, some more than others.

Are you all viewing these photos at 100% and making your judgement? You're free to do so, but I make the judgement by looking at the entire photo. And when doing that, my XZ's photos look better than the S7's that I used to have...even though the S7 seems to be every Android user's favorite camera. The XZ photos are loaded with detail.

Outdoor sample

Learner
Message 18 of 454
Message 18 of 454

Grainy without zoom. Grainy at the day light. I think it's a dual Phones problem.
Adviser
Message 19 of 454
Message 19 of 454

My shots look grainy and patchy when i blow it up to actual size at 23MP. Saw some comments on oversharpening on the software side. Waiting for software patch to address this and a couple other issues with the phone.

Message 20 of 454
Message 20 of 454

I'm very disappointed by the camera and I think I'm going to return the phone because of this.

Again, Sony managed to get much less out of their sensors than the competion does.

Each photo is quite good and sharp in the center and then quickly blurs from there to the edges.

The end result is an underwhelming, blurry photo with low dynamic range.

Basically, it's the same bad result as we could see on the Z3 and Z5.

I've made a photo comparison to the S7 in another forum, not sure if linking is allowed:

http://www.pocketpc.ch/sony-xperia-xz/231926-sony-xperia-xz-kamera-diskussionsthread.html#post227541...