account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Camera extremely grainy

Enthusiast
Message 151 of 454
Message 151 of 454

Re: Camera extremely grainy

Nougat update has not change anything on the blurry photos at all! 

sad because sony did notice this threat and ignored it in their latest phone update!

Learner
Message 152 of 454
Message 152 of 454

Two cut outs of photos, shot at same place, same time.

Z3 compact, 20.7 megapixel vs  XZ, 23 megapixel

I am not very impressed by the quality of the Z3 photos, but the XZ camera just makes it a complete disaster.... Same goes for the Z5 compact, 23 megepzixels, which I posted before (page 11)

Z3.JPG

Xperia Z3 compact

XZ.JPG

Xperia XZ

Enthusiast
Message 153 of 454
Message 153 of 454

thats insane disaster 

Message 154 of 454
Message 154 of 454

It should be considered seriously by the manufacturer, else I think we users have the right for putting Sony mobile on court for misleading advertisements (for years).
Enthusiast
Message 155 of 454
Message 155 of 454

sony advertises the XZ for taking "perfect photos"!!!!!! this is not true. sony has made a garbage phone camera!

Forum Legend
Message 156 of 454
Message 156 of 454

At Full Resolution (20MP 23MP) the images would be certainly grainy when you crop to them at 100% since the pixel binning tech in the camera is not applied.

that is why the default shooting mode is set at 8mp, in which the camera will still use the whole 23 MP and with the use of the pixel binning will cram it up on 8mp photo, when you compare it with 23mp at 100% close up you will have a marginally better images.

If you are really experiencing bad images, it might be a hardware problem so time to send your devices at your local service center. Local support

Remember: bigger resolution does not mean better images.

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Apprentice
Message 157 of 454
Message 157 of 454

My main problem with this camera on XZ is the predictive movement that SONY has put up in its commercials. 

I tried to snap pictures of my kid when he's playing and I couldn't get  a single pic without blur. So much for the advertisements..!!!

Has anybody tried to get this predictive movement/photos without blur sorted.. ???

or SONY customer care..can you please let us know how to take pictures without blur please as you advertised.

Message 158 of 454
Message 158 of 454

Urges Sony mobile to have a beta program just for the camera.

As many of you had experienced, I am also very dissatisfied with the camera performance. At least it shouldn't be the kind of experience offered by that hardware and that price tag. As many posts mentioned, there is no improvement for the new firmware. 

I suppose the problem could be Sony Mobile does not know what we users are looking for, so in that sense why not have a beta for the camera, where ideas could get accumulated and discussed?

Emperor
Message 159 of 454
Message 159 of 454

Re: Urges Sony mobile to have a beta program just for the camera.

@Keyakizaka46

There are other posts on such topics, also you can send your feedback to Sony directly >>> Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 160 of 454
Message 160 of 454

Re: Urges Sony mobile to have a beta program just for the camera.

just dont buy sony smartphones again. i feel pranked by sony for that advertised top camera smarthpone.