account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Camera extremely grainy

Inhabitant
Message 141 of 454
Message 141 of 454

Xperia XZ - Repair from Xperia Companion

Hello,

I recently got the Nougat and updated it. I have read somewhere in this forum that "Repair from Xperia Companion" would make the phone camera better. I did the repair from the Xperia Companion on my PC, now the Camera is even horrible. Is there someway to get the Nougat update over the air again? Or atleast from the Xperia Companion > Software Update. 

Any help on this is highly appreciated!

Talent
Message 142 of 454
Message 142 of 454

Re: Camera extremely grainy

I also had a bad experience with Xperia X Compact after I had a lot of Sony Smartphones starting from Xperia Arc S, Ray, Xperia V, Z3 compact, Z3, Z5 compact and last Xperia X compact.

But the X Compact really wasn't no improvment when it comed to camera quality.  I was a really big fan of Sony phones and cameras starting with the old ones ArcS and Ray when the quality was still ok, also Xperia V had  better pictures than all the others phones I had after it with less grainy artefacts and quality pictures, I had it for 2 years and I made a lot of pictures and movies. 

So, log story short, I returned my Xperia X Compact after 1 week and now I am very happy taking pictures with my Samsung S7 , focus very fast and the pictures are very clear with minimum noise and grainy in shots, this is what I wanted from Sony but they could not deliver Slightly frowning Face very sad.

I also had for a short period a Lg G4 witch also had a good camera much better that Sony had, but it had problems with the battery so i returned it. 

I still own the Z5 compact, is a great phones overall ,  but when I use it to take photos I miss something . 

Enthusiast
Message 143 of 454
Message 143 of 454

andysoft the thing is all those sony phones u mentioned did not had OIS that digital grain is caused by sonys agressive digital stabilization s7 on the other hand has OIS tech thats how they make pictures less grain and blurry 

Talent
Message 144 of 454
Message 144 of 454

I like to take photos and I have a very steady hand, and took a lot of photos with every phone from that list above and belive me I didn't need OIS. The thing is the Z and X cameras ar not very good in low light , you have to make a lot of manual ajustments to take a good noiseless picture and you probabilty not get it right.

Yes te OIS helps a little bit but if I compare now the cameras on the Sony's when it comes to focus speed and quality ( in low light or artificial light ) they are not as good as S7. When it comes to natural light, outside you can compare them and maybe Sony might win but it depend of the person who makes the photo.

I had a bad experience with Z5 compact and X compact , the cameras suffers of corner blurr more that the ones from the Z3 and Z3 compact.

The camera from Xperia V (13 mpx) was better imo then the Z and X when it comes to picture quality.

But now with the S7 95% of the pictures are 100% in focus and I don't struggle to focus to make settings for every scenario etc... I just point and shoot, I always wanted this from Sony but it didn't happened Slightly frowning Face . I still like the brand but until they will provide at least something similar to the performance of S7 I will stay with the competitors.

Adviser
Message 145 of 454
Message 145 of 454

I have had the XZ for about a week. Although I love the physical design of the phone, the camera leaves much to be desired. Photos are soft on the edges, processing is overdone, and the phone overheats. If this is the best Sony  has to offer, I am very disappointed. I am contemplating returning my XZ and getting a Pixel instead. 

Why can't you get the camera right Sony??

Inhabitant
Message 146 of 454
Message 146 of 454

Just Asking...

Could we download Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge Camera APK and use it in our Xperias? Would it be compatible? Would there be any improvement to the post processing ? Thoughts?

One time poster
Message 147 of 454
Message 147 of 454

Recent phone update camera now rubbish?

Hi since the recent update on my phone the camera is taking terrible pictures the orange focus square has also disappeared and been replaced with a grey circle the pictures seem very dark and blurry not happy at all as I spent a lot of money to upgrade from my z5 as I thought the camera was going to be a lot better any one she'd any light on this?
Inhabitant
Message 148 of 454
Message 148 of 454

Re: Recent phone update camera now rubbish?

That is because your Object Tracking option is turned off. Under settings, turn Object Tracking to ON, if you want the orange square. For the photos being dark however, you could try the setting "Touch to Adjust", set it to Focus and Brightness. 

Hope this helps!

Message 149 of 454
Message 149 of 454

Thanks mate I'll give it a try much appreciated 👍
Message 150 of 454
Message 150 of 454

Just tried that works OK on the superior auto on manual camera though pictures are awful still really blurred and over bright when flash is on