account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Camera extremely grainy

Talent
Message 41 of 454
Message 41 of 454

Re: Camera extremely grainy

Very nice Virdis. Also coming from the Z5 I also have to say there is a noticeable improvement in camera quality between the Z5 & XZ.
Message 42 of 454
Message 42 of 454

Indeed

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Enthusiast
Message 43 of 454
Message 43 of 454

compared to my 3 years old lumia 1020, photos of the XZ are by far less sharp and have alot of muddy areas.

Youtube Reviews and written reviews confirm these findings. The XZ takes acceptable photos, but its far away from the advertised perfect photos like Sony said. Quality lacks at least 3 years behind.

Commissioner
Message 44 of 454
Message 44 of 454

In my opinion the XZ takes ok smartphone photos, nothing spectacular and there are better cameras in other flagships. Grain is poor, macro is poor and detail is poor.
Enthusiast
Message 45 of 454
Message 45 of 454

Comparison S7 vs XZ Photos: right side photos is XZ

http://www.pocketpc.ch/sony-xperia-xz/231926-sony-xperia-xz-kamera-diskussionsthread.html

cleary see the lacking sharpness and mushiness of the XZs photos and poor details.

Message 46 of 454
Message 46 of 454

Sorry but that picture from s7 of the woman in the field....
The grass just looks like a bed of noise.

You see, it's very, very simple.
Some like the oversharpened look of Galaxy cameras, some like the better colours of sony, some like the crisp trees, some like a bit of depth blur.
Each to their own is the term I believe and modern cameras are worlds apart in function and output.
I like the Sony cameras on Xperia, I always have and I genuinely considered Z5 to be exceptionally good at taking a decent pic.
I consider XZ better than Z5 so far and am happy with results.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Enthusiast
Message 47 of 454
Message 47 of 454

z5 XZ they all take OK pictures good for twitter and facebook 

Enthusiast
Message 48 of 454
Message 48 of 454

another nice comparison XZ vs lumia 950. Sad to see the Lumia superior.

http://gearburn.com/2016/11/camera-comparison-lumia-950-vs-xperia-xz/

Message 49 of 454
Message 49 of 454

The Xperia XZ seems to be capturing photos based on watercolours. The lack of detail and sharpness in the XZ's photos is disturbing.

Enthusiast
Message 50 of 454
Message 50 of 454

this is the worst photo from the XZ of the comparison: http://gearburn.sndytsvoxozgokstuvcm.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/DSC_0658.jpg

i cant believe sony put such a crap camera in their latest flagship calling it perfect for photography...