account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Camera extremely grainy

Message 311 of 454
Message 311 of 454

Re: Camera extremely grainy

Don82 wrote:
Z5 is not a Xz.and switch of that useless 23mp mode. You get more color in scene and better detail(less grain and wached out pictures). I realy hope they tune up the camera on N 7.1.

Yes, Z5 camera ís XZ camera. They are exactly the same and equaly as bad.

We did own an XZ and a Z5. The XZ is gone now (traded in for the Samsung S7). But here's a picture we made with it before. No difference in quality compared to the Z5 pictures. They are equaly bad.

DSC_1245.JPG

Message 312 of 454
Message 312 of 454

@Don82 wrote:
Z5 is not a Xz.and switch of that useless 23mp mode. You get more color in scene and better detail(less grain and wached out pictures). I realy hope they tune up the camera on N 7.1.

Ok,  switched of the 23mp mode and made an 8mp picture of the same scene. Look at it, you realy think it's any better? I don't. Wouldn't make any scense too, because it still uses the same 23mp sensor. It just combines the small pixels, it's not like it is using an 8mp sensor wich would have a larger pixel size.

DSC_0001 - kopie.JPG

20170220_144316 - kopie.jpg

Enthusiast
Message 313 of 454
Message 313 of 454

Antutu bench mark gives a 8.3mp camera. I know z5 got same sensor as Xz. but you get better color production. Enough compares from that. Even sony admit on a revieuw that Xz got a only 8mp(again a lie from them).Not ever we got a 20mp from Z series and 23mp from X. They are all 8mp camera sensors but they want to process maximum pixels out of them. Thats what i know since i start buying these phones. If it comes to true color,sharpning,HDR and focus in scene i prefer the mi 5s above any phone now. For any low light pictures i prefer the s7.But mi5s UI, not waterproof and bad suport for EU. Otherwise my Xz was gone for a half cheaper phone like that.

Message 314 of 454
Message 314 of 454

I wonder if anyone have sued Sony for their lies and awful quality which has nothing to do with "capture without blur" and promised "perfect shots". I feel embarrassed sharing pictures taken with XZ.

Enthusiast
Message 315 of 454
Message 315 of 454

I did some tests with the RGB and white balanse sensor. I cover them and i see no difrence between quality to be honest. What is this? Fake?
Message 316 of 454
Message 316 of 454

@Don82 wrote:

Antutu bench mark gives a 8.3mp camera. I know z5 got same sensor as Xz. but you get better color production. Enough compares from that. Even sony admit on a revieuw that Xz got a only 8mp(again a lie from them).Not ever we got a 20mp from Z series and 23mp from X. They are all 8mp camera sensors but they want to process maximum pixels out of them. Thats what i know since i start buying these phones. If it comes to true color,sharpning,HDR and focus in scene i prefer the mi 5s above any phone now. For any low light pictures i prefer the s7.But mi5s UI, not waterproof and bad suport for EU. Otherwise my Xz was gone for a half cheaper phone like that.

How can a camera with an 8.3 megapixel sensor produce 23 megapixel photo's.... If that is true it would explain a lot of the problems.

Still, as you can see the 8 megapixel photo's don't look any better to my opinion. Unfortunatly I cannot test the 8mp mode with the XZ anymore since we got rid of it...

Enthusiast
Message 317 of 454
Message 317 of 454

thats what it is. I read allot and see allot. Example the Xiaomi mi mix got a 13mp sensor but manage to get 16mp software processor. The grain of 23mp you get will be the cause of the amounth of pixels they want to get out a 8mp sensor. Im trying to get the mi5s in europe. Best at moment i can afford while my xz must be gone in future months. Im done with this phone and sony

Regular
Message 318 of 454
Message 318 of 454

Same problem here about camera 

Camera quality is very bed happened after update nuget 

Enthusiast
Message 319 of 454
Message 319 of 454

They can easely get that same 19mp and 17 mp to our devices like the xzs they anounced today. Typical we get the grainy 23mp. Thanks allot sony!
Enthusiast
Message 320 of 454
Message 320 of 454

Their upcoming flagships, xzs and xz premium will have a new sensor and the sensor that our xz have will just be put on the new midrange, xa1 and xa1 ultra...