account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Camera extremely grainy

Learner
Message 291 of 454
Message 291 of 454

Re: Camera extremely grainy

Hi

I paid attention that if you will torn off the x-reality mode the pictures looks much better. 

the problem that on PC it is still looks not good.

Did anyone noticed that???

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 292 of 454
Message 292 of 454

@LeonD wrote:

... if you will torn off the x-reality mode the pictures looks much better...

4763474.jpg

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Enthusiast
Message 293 of 454
Message 293 of 454

x-realitiy has nothing to do with camera quality. it doenst improve poor camera software processing.

Learner
Message 294 of 454
Message 294 of 454

i know. it is only post proccessing. but the point is: without s-reality pictures looks much better (on smartphone only)

Message 295 of 454
Message 295 of 454

@LeonD wrote:

i know. it is only post proccessing. but the point is: without s-reality pictures looks much better (on smartphone only)

I don't take 23 megapixel photo's just to watch them on my smartphone....

Talent
Message 296 of 454
Message 296 of 454

finally got rid of my xperia Xz after all these years of having Sony phones and the whole z series I've bought myself a galaxy A5 2017 VERSION and I must say it's way better than my XZ camera takes better photos, I can adjust the flashlight intensity, overall performance is better, no lag, decent speaker and battery life is double my xz. I will no longer be purchasing any Sony phones in the future
Commissioner
Message 297 of 454
Message 297 of 454

Battery life double your XZ?? I get 8-10 hours of SOT with my XZ. Zero lag on Marshmallow either. Yeah the camera is crap but that's the only thing your midrange Samsung could possibly beat it on. Samsung always have lousy speakers even on their flagships so how can the A5 sound better than the XZ which is distinctly above average when it comes to smartphone sound?
Message 298 of 454
Message 298 of 454

Although i like the sony xperia xz but unfotunately I have to return it due to camera performance. its a flagship and i paid premium for it and I expect premium performance for it. I have the us version so no finger print scanner, qnovo charging is also disabled and it has some minor bugs, the screen orientation sometimes does not work when viewing photos in landscape mode and the notification bar disappears only restarting the device will fix it, etc... I did'nt even came with a free headphones!, but yeah the main concern was the camera. I am disapointed on that, does the laser af even work? color was realistic though but everything else was bad blurry, smudgy, and over processed photos even in good lighting condition now don't talk about manual mode cause I don't consider it manual mode at all. It has restrctions. Until sony fix this issue and i hope its just a software tweaking cause the hardware they put on this phone is accptable andthe way they promote the camera on this device was very convincing until you yourself have the device and start using it... I am still looking forward to the upcoming sony xperia xz 2017 and maybe will buy the xperia xz again if sony will fix the camera performance, but for now I have zte axon 7 better all around performance and at a lower price. Sony you need to do a better job on your devices specially the camera.

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 299 of 454
Message 299 of 454

Am I the only person that buys a camera to take photos? Did I miss a memo? Canon must love me
//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Enthusiast
Message 300 of 454
Message 300 of 454

CAMERA QUALITY IN 32.3.A.0.376

Please Share your experiences with Camera ...specially Image Quality after 32.3.A.0.376 Update. I feel camera section is also lacking in terms of Image sharpening and overall image quality.....Please Share your feedback.