account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Camera extremely grainy

Enthusiast
Message 21 of 454
Message 21 of 454

Re: Camera extremely grainy

Even the laserfocus doesn´t work as advertised..

I´ve tried my own XZ and 3 other XZ´s and 1 XC with the same results.

You can try and confirm this by hold your camera ifront of another camera "computer or other" with the stock camera app open.

The laser will send 1 beam and nothing more if you don´t press the shutterbutton then it will send another beam.

BUT, in the service menu the lasefocus works as promised and advertised. You can test it under ToF Sensor. In that test the laser constantly sends and recives distance information but it stops working when opening the camera app.

And this affects the pictures when it comes to correct focus and distance up to 1-2 meters from what i could see.

Commissioner
Message 22 of 454
Message 22 of 454

I found a crisp focus to be lacking.....
You really need to open a chat with Sony support to let their engineers know.
Regular
Message 23 of 454
Message 23 of 454

I fiddled with the Manual mode (Not a pro!) and looks like Manual mode is a little better than the Superior Auto mode. Could you post your experiences with the camera? Also check whether object tracking option is turned on!

Veteran
Message 24 of 454
Message 24 of 454

Can someone please pass the TobbeSwe's comment to Sony devs internally?

Thank you.
Enthusiast
Message 25 of 454
Message 25 of 454

im still disappointed with the image qualitiy, photos even at perfect daylight have mushy details and are lacking sharpness... my old lumia 1020 from 2013 was superiour to that.

Enthusiast
Message 26 of 454
Message 26 of 454

if i am right every sony phone since very first z its main selling point was its camera capabilities but sony failed to deliver the promise every single time now look z z1 z2 z3 z5 x xz they all failed againt the competition and i dont understand why sony is so old school why cant they just add OIS in their camera for stills just like the competitions the 5 axis does not work for pictures just for video on macro mode thats it 

i am using z3 and z5 extremely disappointed with the camera ive tested xz in the showroom around 9 pm checked outside shots they were indeed grainy i mean way too much grainy 

oh sony OIS is better than your digital image stability OIS makes the picture have less noise and less grainy  

Message 27 of 454
Message 27 of 454

Sony was advertising the camera to be great on any flagship-phone during the last 3 years. Unfortunately, they failed to deliver every single time. Artifacts, blur to one or both sides, grain and a low contrast ratio are always present. The superior automatic isn't that superior, too.

Since the camera is important for me and I couldn't get past the fact that the XZ is as large as the Galaxy S7 Edge while -at the same time- missing wireless charging, a larger screen and a larger battery I returned my XZ.

Learner
Message 28 of 454
Message 28 of 454

Does anybody have issues taking a blur free picture as they reckon that you can
Enthusiast
Message 29 of 454
Message 29 of 454

is there any sony staff to answer the question of a software update for the cam?

Talent
Message 30 of 454
Message 30 of 454

My Xperia z5 takes better pics. Really am disappointed in the camera on my XZ even video recording quality is poor