account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Camera extremely grainy

Enthusiast
Message 111 of 454
Message 111 of 454

Re: Camera extremely grainy

And still isn´t the laserfocus fixed... =( 

Enthusiast
Message 112 of 454
Message 112 of 454

I cant believe sony has no answer for their terrible camera i mean its obvious lacking OIS technology will cause unstable picture and have digital noise 

Apprentice
Message 113 of 454
Message 113 of 454

im going to buy the samsung S7... sony has badly disappointed me on the camera and service..

Enthusiast
Message 114 of 454
Message 114 of 454

After more testing,I take al pics at 8mp for now.its my last sony!faces in daylight just grainy to on my 17inch laptop with that idiot 20mp or 23.from the ray,arc s,z1c,z3c,the xz will be the last!stupid me try to believe sony ever get fix bad history of the z serie! if i look at the s7 12 or 16mp pics they get best result in all condition to me.i think any midrange will even do better..after nougat il see if he will be gone before summer if they dont improve allot.i downscaled 23mp foto to 4000x3000 like a 12mp al grainy was gone.but who am i
Visitor
Message 115 of 454
Message 115 of 454

Some Sony phones are actually good. My 2 years old Z3 Compact does better photos than the XZ. And I have had 2 XZs in my hands, both with grainy photos with blurry edges, returned both of them... Sticking with the Z3 Compact for now, not perfect but good enough and my last Sony phone.

Adviser
Message 116 of 454
Message 116 of 454

What's sad is that the Xperia line-up is probably only allowed to be so good from a corporate standpoint -- remember, Sony is also trying to sell you a full-blown camera AND dedicated MP3 player. The XZ, and all Xperias for that matter, will never be best in class in any of those categories.

Enthusiast
Message 117 of 454
Message 117 of 454

The Z3c was a crap also with that 20mp story.that vs the xz in color accuracy(red was pink).total overexposed in SA.manual you got to lower -2 brightness to get rid of that.in cloudy daytimes completed underperformed with blur.not to mention cold color temperature that still got to z5.only best at z3c was battery for sure.but sony selling point for xz is the camera?!for real?only allot of complaints so far.the xz only perform best in 8mp(again).but to use 8mp is to poor for a high end.so hard to develope a 12-16mp max res?its just a show of to get numbers to sell.they just do minor improvement just so we sonyfans keep upgrading for the camera each time.wel from z1 over to all 7 high end models we get color acuracy and white balance improvement finaly!maybe when the S8 comes to market sony maybe finaly get OIS.they loose a sonyfan once more.
Inhabitant
Message 118 of 454
Message 118 of 454

We all realized atleast now that the photos are grainy. So, Instead of mulling over why it was bad, We could probably raise a petetion or something to include 16 MP mode as well as Optical Image Stabilisation. And any other improvements to the camera, Sony wishes to bring in!

Regular
Message 119 of 454
Message 119 of 454

hello all, 

this issue has been open for the past so many weeks now and yet Sony doesnt seem to care. They are perfectly happy to sit back and let more hapless victims like us go waste their money on a Sony phone. 

I have tweeted to tech crunch, arstechnica guardian tech etc.

Could you guys please retweet this so as to get their attention. People needs to know that Sony phone's camera is really bad and they should make better informed decision. 

Apprentice
Message 120 of 454
Message 120 of 454

my forum-account was even blocked by Sony for several days for this camera issue! this is just messed up! they do read this topic, but none of them have courage to answer.. instead, they delete forum messages and block user accounts...