account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Camera extremely grainy

Regular
Message 301 of 454
Message 301 of 454

Re: CAMERA QUALITY IN 32.3.A.0.376

It still takes grainy and blurry pictures from sides especially on 23 mp. There is no big change, so sad such a big company cannot compete with Samsung or LG on mobile camera departmant. 

Additionally, still it has no RAW and manuel camera support.

Inhabitant
Message 302 of 454
Message 302 of 454

Re: Camera extremely grainy

The fact it have no raw is a turnoff. Man, the exposure time is max at 1s only
Enthusiast
Message 303 of 454
Message 303 of 454

I also noticed that when looking at the antutu info for the xperia xz. It only shows that the rear camera is only 8.3 megapixels? Anyone else noticed that?
One time poster
Message 304 of 454
Message 304 of 454

does xperia x compact also having the same grainy problem?

due to this issue I have to swap my xz to iphone 7+ with an additional cash, 

from the first time i tested this phone on the sony store i already notice the graininess of the pictures but since I wanted to have this phone i still bought it hoping its just a matter of software update can make the grainy pictures to be fix. but sony developer dont acknowledge this issue. thats why they might loose a lot of sony fan boy.

Adept
Message 305 of 454
Message 305 of 454

I agree, camera performance is poor. Pictures are so over processed and even when you shoot at 23MP the pictures are so grainy when zoomed. Infact my old Xperia Z1 compact takes much sharper photos at 20MP. 

I really regret buying this phone and paying a huge sum of money in the process. Just less than a month after I bought it Samsung introduced their 2017 A series that provide the same if not a better experience than the XZ and comes with some more cool feautres (Dual Sim+SD Card, FM Radio) and at two thirds the price of the XZ. The problem now is that I'm stuck with this phone for at least another year. I'm very sad Slightly frowning Face Slightly frowning Face Slightly frowning Face

Message 306 of 454
Message 306 of 454

20170220_144316.jpg

12mp

DSC_1234.JPG

23mp

Enthusiast
Message 307 of 454
Message 307 of 454

Z5 is not a Xz.and switch of that useless 23mp mode. You get more color in scene and better detail(less grain and wached out pictures). I realy hope they tune up the camera on N 7.1.
Message 308 of 454
Message 308 of 454

I haven't read all the posts, so I don't know if there has been a solution (I will). Just wanted to say that the image quality is pretty bad overall. I've never been a photo fanatic, always been satisfied with whatever photos my previos phones have made stock (all iterations of iPhone since 3G, and Lumia 950 in the past 6 months), but the photos of this phone are pretty bad. Visibly bad.

xperia xz / iphone 6s / lumia 950 / surface 4 pro
Enthusiast
Message 309 of 454
Message 309 of 454

In the next MWC in march we know if the "great" 23mp will apear again. RIP i would say with it. Cant believe they they would go on with that.
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 310 of 454
Message 310 of 454

I think the image enhancement is what causing the photos to be grainy... Photos are ver much grainy under super vivid mode... I have turned of the image enhancement. Now there's small improvent on pictures taken..