account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Camera extremely grainy

Message 201 of 454
Message 201 of 454

Re: Camera extremely grainy

Read from this page onwards to read my criticisms of the Z5 lens and camera quality.
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/God-awful-camera-on-Z5-premium/m-p/107...

I may enjoy using Sony devices and post on here to help other Sony customers, but I'm also critical when a situation calls for it.
You see you're all confusing the fact that I didn't even mention the XZ today, I simply agreed with a user that the S7 is all smoke and mirrors when you get down to it.
But anyway, carry on

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 202 of 454
Message 202 of 454

@viridis Camera software still need a lot of improvement because it's terrible... Specially in low light photograghy And auto mode ...

S7 EDGE : AUTO 12 MEGAPIXEL 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byy3PUewHDFCVjlta3BtdmVKZUU/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byy3PUewHDFCR3VmcmxnZ1FnN00/view?usp=drivesdk

==================================

X COMPACT AUTO 23 MEGAPIXEL :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byy3PUewHDFCSEk4NmNHVU1CQ2s/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byy3PUewHDFCOEsyNE1aNzhvUUk/view?usp=drivesdk

Message 203 of 454
Message 203 of 454

And?.....
They both look pretty bad tbh.
Anyway, again
"You see you're all confusing the fact that I didn't even mention the XZ today, I simply agreed with a user that the S7 is all smoke and mirrors when you get down to it."
Your pictures confirm that.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 204 of 454
Message 204 of 454

Pictures are low quality-grainy date stamp

I have a couple of issues
1-The camera on the Xperia XZ is really grany with low quality I can't zoom into the picture because becomes blurry really really disappointed with the performance I had a 3year old phone and (HTC 816) and the definition is a lot better I can zoom into the pictures and see detailes something g I can't do with the Xperia XZ any advise on this topic? The picture quality was not what I expected from a camera phone is there a way to improve the camera performance?
2-any time I transfer pictures from folder to folder in the phone or add older pictures from an old phone all the pictures pictures transfered get the date stamp changed to the day that were transfered or today's date

Also the pictures get shuffled around any time one or more are added to the library or moved folders and loose quality becoming more blurry
Please help

Thanks

Inhabitant
Message 205 of 454
Message 205 of 454

Re: Pictures are low quality-grainy date stamp

DSC_0053.JPG

I tried capturing the Moon (Although not supermoon, it was pretty close to earth yesterday). I feel this is decent considering the fact i captured this while on a bus, which halted for a few moments. I would not say this is the best that could have achieved, but with the limited knowledge and time i had while taking the shot, this is what I could come up with. What do you think?

Y69
Inhabitant
Message 206 of 454
Message 206 of 454

hey gouthi8 how to send images on this forum? please help
Regular
Message 207 of 454
Message 207 of 454

After the last patch update, i have seen quite a bit of an improvement in the quality of photos. The grains are still there, but photos are much better.

thank you sony. please do more.

Enthusiast
Message 208 of 454
Message 208 of 454

which update?

Enthusiast
Message 209 of 454
Message 209 of 454

There is no improvement with blur in left side pictures or grain.the update was december security patch.
Learner
Message 210 of 454
Message 210 of 454

@viridis wrote:
And?.....
They both look pretty bad tbh.
Anyway, again
"You see you're all confusing the fact that I didn't even mention the XZ today, I simply agreed with a user that the S7 is all smoke and mirrors when you get down to it."
Your pictures confirm that.

You can't be realy serious.... or you're blind... a blind Sony fan...

SOUNI1's pictures made with the Samsung show hardly any grain and the object has still pretty straight edges so you can still see some depth in the picture after you zoom in on it.

While the Sony pictures look like somone has sandblasted them or something... can't make anything else from it.