account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Camera extremely grainy

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 121 of 454
Message 121 of 454

Re: Camera extremely grainy

I'm sorry to hear that you feel disappointed regarding the camera in your Xperia XZ and we have forwarded your feedback and examples internally.

I'm afraid it's hard to determine if there's something wrong with the camera in your unit from my location. If you suspect this might be the case, please contact your Local support for assistance with having the phone and camera checked.

@codetcs

I'm very sorry if you have been unable to log on to the forum.

I have checked your account and what has happened is that the automatic spam filter we have on the forum has blocked 3 posts you made that was referring to an external website. I've released one of these posts now.

We do not block accounts or delete posts unless they violate our discussion guidelines and in that case, we will of course contact you over private message about it.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 122 of 454
Message 122 of 454

Hi @Rickard, Thanks for responding to the thread. Could you please take this as feedback to your team.

We all realized atleast now that the photos are grainy. So, Instead of mulling over why it was bad, We could probably raise a petition or something to include 16 MP mode as well as Optical Image Stabilisation. And any other improvements to the camera, Sony wishes to bring in!

Also, Please let us know if there are any improvements that are being done to the Camera aspect? We need some definite improvements to the Camera as this is being sold as flagship Camera phone. 

Forum Legend
Message 123 of 454
Message 123 of 454

I'm sorry but Optical Image stabilization is part hardware, so unfortunately it wont be possible to bring it to the Xperia XZ thru any software updates.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Commissioner
Message 124 of 454
Message 124 of 454

I find 20MP 16:9 to work best for me. I'm sure that software improvements could be made to the camera, including the addition of a 12MP and 16MP resolution setting because 23MP is laughably bad. Sadly OIS won't be possible and it's quite shocking that SONY didn't include it in a late 2016 flagship.
Enthusiast
Message 125 of 454
Message 125 of 454

Just check the picture samples anywhere on the web.enough samples to check. It is also clear visible for the complete X line models.with exception of the Xa with the 13mp it got not a grainy lookt at all. Yea strange :-) If it use the same sensor as the Xz you can add easy wide 10mp and 13mp.In colors the Xz sure rules over all x
CYv
Apprentice
Message 126 of 454
Message 126 of 454

Ah finally a response. Kudos to you @Rickard. Although, i don't think the issue is not per handset/unit. I think it's xz's camera itself is a disappointment. Would be great if it can be solved with some software updates, which most likely not. So hopefully, all this issues will improve to your future handsets. Also, please don't wrongfully advertise how great your product is. Peace Slightly smiling Face
Enthusiast
Message 127 of 454
Message 127 of 454

its simple add OIS in your next flagship make a new refined software with perfect algorithms and post processing and a sharper lens to like f1.8 maybe i am asking too much Slightly smiling Face

Spoiler

Enthusiast
Message 128 of 454
Message 128 of 454

did sony fix something after the N update ?

Apprentice
Message 129 of 454
Message 129 of 454

I dont think camera improved much after Nougat Update, still getting grainy pictures in good light conditions. SONY please do something. 

One time poster
Message 130 of 454
Message 130 of 454

Same here