account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Camera extremely grainy

Learner
Message 101 of 454
Message 101 of 454

Re: Camera extremely grainy

I bought my xz because  of "one of the best cameras"
But im disappointed.. Even my old iPhone 5s is able to take better photos. I cant return the phone, thanks Sony, never ever. Auto, manual - doesnt matter. Photos ale blurry with much of noise.

Enthusiast
Message 102 of 454
Message 102 of 454

everyone is mad at sony who owns xperia xz

Enthusiast
Message 103 of 454
Message 103 of 454

Re: Media is constantly disrupted.

Rickard: please give a statement on the huge camera topic in this forum, or provide this topic to your Sony collegues to clearify it.

Visitor
Message 104 of 454
Message 104 of 454

So this still has not been fixed? I have returned my XZ because of this and other issues. Guess it's time to change brand after 4 years with Sony Face with rolling Eyes

Enthusiast
Message 105 of 454
Message 105 of 454

still the same. Sony continues ignoring this camera issue. Sony will answer topics that have less than 5 comments.. but  no single statement on a huge problem like this one. its a shame.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 106 of 454
Message 106 of 454

Message 107 of 454
Message 107 of 454

Same problem camera is terrible for a product that is suppose to have the best camera on the market this is bad tried numerous settings etcetc.
Learner
Message 108 of 454
Message 108 of 454

Uff i succesed to return phone, and now happy with sgs7e, good luck xz users. Sony plz fix

Learner
Message 109 of 454
Message 109 of 454

6.JPG

7.JPG

Two pics, these are cut outs of a photo I took from my car: This is the NL sticker that's on the back of my car. First photo is taken at 23 megapixel mode from 10 meters distance. Second one is taken 5 seconds later at 8 megapixel, this time from 6 meters distance so that the pixels are about the same size in these pics. Rest of the settings were the same.

No need to argue that the 8 megapixel mode does a much better job... One can only conclude that the 23 megapixel mode is completely useless. This was taken with a Z5 Compact by the way, wich has the same camera as the XZ.

Adviser
Message 110 of 454
Message 110 of 454

@Twikuus wrote:

6.JPG

7.JPG

Two pics, these are cut outs of a photo I took from my car: This is the NL sticker that's on the back of my car. First photo is taken at 23 megapixel mode from 10 meters distance. Second one is taken 5 seconds later at 8 megapixel, this time from 6 meters distance so that the pixels are about the same size in these pics. Rest of the settings were the same.

No need to argue that the 8 megapixel mode does a much better job... One can only conclude that the 23 megapixel mode is completely useless. This was taken with a Z5 Compact by the way, wich has the same camera as the XZ.

Thanks for taking the time to do a comparison. This is my experience as well; auto mode at 23MP is truly awful, lagging behind even the Nokia N8 from years back.

I wonder if this is even fixable at this point, as this issue has been present in Xperia cameras for years.