account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Bypassing locked screen

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Bypassing locked screen

i put my phone on charge , and decided to lisen to some tunes on spotify , so after lisening for a while i wanted to change track , so i woke up the phone and it went onto the lock screen so , i dident unlock it , i just pulled down the menu and accessed spotify from there , then i pressed home button and the phone was unlocked , it totaly bypassed the security , anyone else had this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Bypassing locked screen

Do you have smart lock enabled?
//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Do you have smart lock enabled?
//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.

View solution in original post

Genius
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi @scousedavid,

As far as I know, the Home button isn't available on the lockscreen. Nor are notifications available on the lockscreen in the quick settings, they should instead be displayed directly when waking up your Xperia XZ.

Could you confirm what Android version your Xperia XZ has? It will be shown under Settings > About phone > Android version.

Is this happening with just Spotify or also with notifications from other apps? Could you check if you still experience this while your device is rebooted to safe mode? That way we can rule out this being caused by one of your downloaded apps since they will be temporarily inactive in safe mode.

Keep me posted!

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hello , my headphones were enabled on the smart lock and thats prob why i could gane access , when my headphones are off , i cant access spotify and any other app 

Genius
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

It sounds indeed like it was Smart Lock in that case. You can check under Settings > Lock screen & security > Smart Lock > Trusted devices to see your headset is listed here in order to make sure if it was Smart Lock or not.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.