account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Bluetooth sharing continously stops working after Nougat 7.0 OTA update

Ck3
Learner
Message 31 of 43
Message 31 of 43

Re: Xperia XZ Dual (F8332) Bluetooth not working after Nougat 7.0 OTA update

I've been having the same issue like almost everyone since I upgraded to nougat. When I had marshmallow, I could connect my Bluetooth and share my contacts and media information with my car entertainment unit, but since the software update, i can't connect the Bluetooth and if I eventually connect, my contacts and media do not come up on my car unit. This is really frustrating as I have repaired my phone with companion for about 6 times now and there is still no changes. I'm really losing my interest in Sony. This problem seem like a Sony problem cos my partner uses Samsung with the latest software and her Bluetooth connects perfectly with my car. I called the support line and I was told to call my car company, so ridiculous. Even on the Sony head set that came with the Xperia xz, I can't control the volume or media content on the headset. It seems Sony do not read all these feedbacks cos most complains are related to Bluetooth issues and nothing has been done.
Regular
Message 32 of 43
Message 32 of 43

Dear Rickard!

New Android 7.0 version has just published on my Xperia XZ and the bluetooth is working now with Hungarian language. Thanks.

Adviser
Message 33 of 43
Message 33 of 43

I've received the Android 7.0 update yesterday. Both my Bluetooth earphones (Sony and Plantronics) can connect to my XZ (F8332), but the play controls are broken.

It cannot play, stop or skip tracks via the controls of the earphones. Volume control is working though. Tried re-pairing the earphones and restarting the phone, but it didn't work. Any advice to fix this issue?
Enthusiast
Message 34 of 43
Message 34 of 43

i flashed the indian customization fw to obtain the nougat ota update without wipe any data..... and, fortunatelly, the bluethooth connection works perfectly, like always, for me. I have the smart band talk always connected....and it connects immediatelly with my bluethoot audi car too. I can stream spotify music perfectly too. Can be exist another reason for that iussue you are having with?

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 35 of 43
Message 35 of 43

New Android 7.0 version has just published on my Xperia XZ as well  and the bluetooth is working now. buildnumber: 39.2.A.0.374

Message 36 of 43
Message 36 of 43

Truesounds, how did you get the mee update 39.2.A.0.374?
I only have the previous build and it shows that it is up to date
Adviser
Message 37 of 43
Message 37 of 43

I've just updated to 39.2.A.0.374 via Xperia Companion, but the play controls via Bluetooth earphones were still broken. Can't pause or skip tracks.

Inhabitant
Message 38 of 43
Message 38 of 43

@musician: have you ever tried to (automatically) connect your headphones during a restart of your phone? When I do it the headphone control work as before in Marshmallow. Just curious if its the same for you, as its surely no solution. 

btw: I posted some weeks ago that my problem haven been solved by a minor update. Unfortunately that has not been true...

Apprentice
Message 39 of 43
Message 39 of 43

Got 39.2.A.0.374 over OTA this morning, still can't pair my XZ via bluetooth.  I see the car on the bluetooth screen but can't pair it.  

One time poster
Message 40 of 43
Message 40 of 43

i am having excatly same issue without any resolution.

WHAT IS THE POINT OF HAVING A FORUM WHERE SONY DONT CARE