account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Bluetooth issue after update Nougat Android 7.0

One time poster
Message 81 of 157
Message 81 of 157

Re: Bluetooth issue after update Nougat Android 7.0

Same issues here. Z5 compact which within hours of updating started causing problems with bluetooth. I initially returned it o2 who sent it away for repair. After 4 days at their repair centre and several questions of "what did you say was wrong with it again...?" they sent it back as no fault found and was advised to contact sony.

Basically, when connected to my van stereo (toyota proace), I can make and receive calls but it refuses to connect for media audio; it wont even allow the box to be ticked. In my wife's Seat Leon, it sometimes connects to media but not always and when it does connect, there is no media information and no way to navigate using the radio controls. All of this was fully functional prior to update.

The phone has been factory reset, restored from a previous setup and started from a fresh on several occassions all with varying lengths of success before inevitably going back to not working at all. Recently, the bluetooth has also taken to just switching off altogether. I think much like myself and many others, it's getting tired and just giving up.

Fingers crossed Sony sort it out soon, as previously mentioned I have recommended this phone to friends as I was that impressed with my previous Z3 and my current Z5.

Apprentice
Message 82 of 157
Message 82 of 157

Same issue as everyone else with bluetooth and music track selection and low volume until restart the phone with either in the car or with SBH-80 headphones connected, wish it was possible to roll back to Marshmallow until they fix it especially when Sony must have known of the issues with Nougat before rolling it out. At least if they can come up with a quick fix/ patch for the bluetooth problems - that would be a start.....this really needs to happen within days/ weeks and not months.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 83 of 157
Message 83 of 157

There's a new system update being rolled out. Anyone tried it yet?
One time poster
Message 84 of 157
Message 84 of 157

Same issue regarding my SmartWatch 3, Yesterday got my brand new XZ and was all excited...... since I have been pulling out my hair as the Smartwach 3 and phone connection rarely works, unpairs and simply does not work. My car  bluetooth also simply doesnt want to connect.

Hope they fix the issue asap

One time poster
Message 85 of 157
Message 85 of 157

I just updated yesterday my Xperia Z5 to Nougat and today the Audi MMI only connect phone features but not multimedia ones. If you select to allow multimedia in Bluetooth settings it start searching till it disconnects again.
I read same problem with Nexus after update to 7.0.
We need a break fix from Sony now!
One time poster
Message 86 of 157
Message 86 of 157

Hi,

i have this problem too, but only with devices are need a pin code.

I try this on my audio car JVC KD-R771BT : disable "auto pair" and set manually a pin code.

Don't let the phone try to connect with a random pin code.

You have this options in many sort of audio car device

Maybe it's help you

Sorry for my english :p

Adviser
Message 87 of 157
Message 87 of 157

Unpair the device then reboot your phone in safe mode. Pair the device and once this is done re-start the phone in normal mode. Problem fixed!
One time poster
Message 88 of 157
Message 88 of 157

Call lists in car kit

Since the last software update on my phone, the call lists on my radio do not update. It shows the lists prior to the update. Radio is in a LR Discovery. Has anybody else experienced this, or any suggestions please?
Visitor
Message 89 of 157
Message 89 of 157

Re: Call lists in car kit

I've got a similar problem since the last update, my Sony Z5 won't now play or display text messages on my Sony in car radio (ford focus) it says "connected phone doesn't display text messages via Bluetooth" it has-been working fine before the last update
Apprentice
Message 90 of 157
Message 90 of 157

Re: Call lists in car kit

I faced the same issue and partially solved it by the Bluetooth File Transfer app. After i'm connected to my car set (Skoda Octavia) i'm runnig the app and then the transfer is done. Afterward I'm closing the app (not BT). Anyhow this is annoying and hope Sony will solve this.