account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Bluetooth issue after update Nougat Android 7.0

Highlighted
Learner
Message 61 of 157
Message 61 of 157

Re: Bluetooth issue after update Nougat Android 7.0

For your car Bluetooth issue... Disconnect the car battery for a few long minutes and try again. Worked on my car Bluetooth issue
One time poster
Message 62 of 157
Message 62 of 157

I also updated to 7.0 and my phone stopped working with audio in my car, and only sporadically with the phone. 

I rung Sony support and was told to put it in safe mode, if it started working then, it was an app causing the problem. If not then it is an install or software and I should back up and restore to factory settings. 

I did this taking a good few hours. Now it doesn't work at all, which is a nightmare for my job. The car can see the phone but the phone can't detect the car. 

Do not take the advice to clear phone and re-install Nougat, as I only made things worse and now have absolutely no way of connecting as the phone can't even detect the car. 

It has always been a bit sketchy, then it degraded after Nougat (as in it worked fine, I did the update, got back in the car, no longer worked) - now nothing. 

One time poster
Message 63 of 157
Message 63 of 157

Same thing happened, message keeps cycling between "bluetooth connected" and "bluetooth disconnected". The solution (well, not quite a permanent one) is to navigate into the in-car media screen. This is when it will pair correctly. Then you can navigate out of the screen.

After playing for 10 minutes via bluetooth, the connection starts to weaken, then i just repeat the process above. This was actually happening even before i updated to nougat 7.0.

Apprentice
Message 64 of 157
Message 64 of 157

Hi All,

I updated my Xperia Z5 to Nougat too.

The bluetooth with my car (Nissan Leaf) does not connect automatically but only with a new search each time.

Then, the music is played but no title is displayed and no controls are available from the vehicule...

All worked fine before the update.

I tried to delete pairing from both side (phone and vehicle) and pair them again, but no way... it doesn't get better...

Olivier

One time poster
Message 65 of 157
Message 65 of 157

I have a z5 premium and this is a serious issue for me. All was perfect with android 6 but since updating I can connect to my car for telephone but not music and Google search functions will not work.

Other issues are that Bluetooth KEEP TURNING ITS SELF OFF.

Please fix this asap or rather not release it at all.
One time poster
Message 66 of 157
Message 66 of 157

Z5 Compact

I’m yet another one  caught up in this.  Music streaming and Smart Audiobook app via Bluetooth to my car has been working perfectly for over a year.  Last Sunday updated  to Android 7.0,  build 32.3.A.0.376.  Now have following problems.

• Music or Audiobooks no longer display title or other information on car display.  Just says Audio streaming.
  • Automatic restart of app no longer working when Bluetooth connects.
  • Turning off entertainment system in car does not pause music or audiobooks. They just carry on playing in silence so place in album or book lost.
  • Turning off ignition does pause app.
  • Phone all appears to work okay.

I use Audiobooks a lot so am not at all happy about this.  Come on Sony, get a fix for this please.

Learner
Message 67 of 157
Message 67 of 157

Yes, I have got the same issue after this new update. Phone doesn't connect with Sony MDR 1000 headphones, doesn't connect with Sony smart watch 3, also fails to connect with car's Bluetooth. Someone at Sony suggested to contact BMW as it's problem with BMW device not Sony. How will they sort out the issue with failed connections with one of their own.

Would be great if Sony comes with a fix.
Message 68 of 157
Message 68 of 157

@JCarangoH

@NANHA

Did you try to reset the accessories in question, then redo the pairing process?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Learner
Message 69 of 157
Message 69 of 157

HI, thanks for your reply. the devices in question do connect to other mobiles and have been reset few times. i have tried to repair them but no avail. phone is failing to detect any bluetooth devices in vicinity and when it connects accidently, connection is lost after few mins. if connect to the car audio , it will disconnect itself. it seems to be a bug in s/w as with marshmallow everything was flawless.

Visitor
Message 70 of 157
Message 70 of 157

Having the same issue between an Xperia XZ and a Jaguar XJ. Bluetooth connects only after turning bluetooth on and off on the phone for 2-10 minutes. Usually connects after a "Bluetooth share has crashed" message on the phone screen, rarely before it. Also if I restart the phone when the car is running it seems to connect every time.
I've now tested this about 200-300 times over the past 2 months. Sony, you really have to fix this. All other phones (previous Xperias, iPhones) connect flawlessly.