account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Bluetooth issue after update Nougat Android 7.0

Inhabitant
Message 11 of 157
Message 11 of 157

Re: Bluetooth issue after update Nougat Android 7.0

My Bluetooth issues seem to be resolved after five times of software repair. The software repair failed three times and softbricked my phone. Never had so much trouble with an update...
Learner
Message 12 of 157
Message 12 of 157

That's right! We have to wait until 7.1. After a repair procedure the continuous process of connecting to car media stream could be switched of. The telephone is now working fine. Music works via audio-cable.
Learner
Message 13 of 157
Message 13 of 157

Thank you. I did found a workarroun with a repair procedure
Learner
Message 14 of 157
Message 14 of 157

I have the same problem after upgrading to Nougat 7.0 (Build number 39.2.A.0.327) on my Xperia XZ F8331.  Bluetooth connection to my car is OK for calls, but will not connect for media playback.  I also cannot connect to by bluetooth headphones SBH80.  Occasionally the connection starts OK, but within a few seconds the status on the bluetooth connection information changes to show no connection for media playback.  I have deleted and re-paired both my car kit and the headphones to no avail - the problem remains.  Also there is no data transferred when I try to do a phonebook download to my car - the transfer appears to happen as normal but on completion there is no data.

All of this worked perfectly with both the car and the headphones on the same Xperia XZ handset whilst still on Marshmallow - the problem has definitely occurred exactly after updating to Nougat 7.0.

One time poster
Message 15 of 157
Message 15 of 157

Hi

A similar forum has suggested you need to enable A2DP on the phone but I can't find this on the XZ anywhere on settings menus

Any ideas?
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 16 of 157
Message 16 of 157

Having similar issue too with xperia X. My car stereo is not displaying Artist, Song and Album info after 7.0 update. It's a bug and I hope it gets addressed quickly by the development team.

Tried that on a Honda and Hyundai and both had same problems. Two of my friends are experiencing same Bluetooth issue!!
One time poster
Message 17 of 157
Message 17 of 157

Same problem. Sony Xperia XZ (F8331) just updated to Android 7.0 build 39.2.A.0.361. This was not something I wanted, but the phone pushed it down my throat.

Both my BMW's now refuse to connect to the media playback function over bluetooth. Just trying to reconnect and reconnect and using a lot of battery while inside the car...

BMW claims problem is at Sony's hands. I agree as it worked fine before the phone update.

How do we contact Sony to get a fix for this ASAP? I am not interested in changig my phone from Xperia Z5 to the XZ and then cannot use it in my car no more. Do I really have to return it to my dealer?

Inhabitant
Message 18 of 157
Message 18 of 157

So yesterday I decided to try a system repair, because of those BT problems, using Xperia Companion to my XZ F8331. After couple of failed attempts it finally finished and I got my phone working again (FW 39.2.A.0.361). So one of the first things was to test BT functionality. Oh happy days - everything was forking flawlessly. So I configured my accounts, apps etc while congratulating myself for a good days work and then made one more restart. Of course after restart half of the bluetooth functionality was gone again. Back to starting point - cannot import contacts/calls to my car, no controlling of playback/volume from headset/headphones etc.

Please do something regarding this problem ASAP, as working BT really is one of the most basic requirements nowadays as there are laws allowing only handsfree while driving, more and more people using wireless headphones etc.

Rookie
Message 19 of 157
Message 19 of 157

Hi,

soory to hear, but here with Andoid Nougat and MMI2g and MMI3g no issues. Just sometimes, BT app close (but not during connection) to the car. And the ANDROID/AUDI feature to show each connected contact in AUDI BT as seperate number and entry in the car phonebook.

regards

Herbert

Commissioner
Message 20 of 157
Message 20 of 157

Only beta subscribers have 7.0 on Samsung devices at present, it hasn't been rolled out yet so unless your partner has a beta install her Samsung phone won't have Nougat yet. As for Sony, have they addressed *any* XZ bugs yet, whether on Marshmallow or Nougat??