account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Bluetooth issue after update Nougat Android 7.0

Learner
Message 1 of 157
Message 1 of 157

Bluetooth issue after update Nougat Android 7.0

Hi,

after update Android 7.0 my XZ can't connect properly to my car via bluetooth. The telephone connects, but the media connection try to connect contiously but do not reach to connect. I can't use my XZ in the car, because battery runs down very fast due to this bug. Is there a fix? Have anyone the same issue?

156 REPLIES 156
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 157
Message 2 of 157

Re: Bluetooth issue after update Nougat Android 7.0

try to perfrom a software repair using Xperia Companion

re -pair both devices,

contact your car stereo manufacturer if they support compatibility with the nougat update

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Visitor
Message 3 of 157
Message 3 of 157

I have the same issue. Plus no contact to phone book and recent calls. one week ago with 6.xx everything worked fine.

Learner
Message 4 of 157
Message 4 of 157

I recently updated to the 7.0 nougat and my bluetooth doesnt connect to media in my BMW Idrive anymore. Only the call audio conmects. I tried everything repairing each one, tried connecting in different orders, tried clearing network data in my phones settings and nothing. Very frustrating use an aux cord all the time now for music.
One time poster
Message 5 of 157
Message 5 of 157

I'm having also troubles since last week when I got the android 7 update.

Both my bluetooth headsets the SBH54 Sony isnt responding on the buttons, also not on the musicplayer.

And the free headset MDR XB950BT isnt working either anymore.

Also got the advice from sony to use the repair with the Companion Software, and making a backup.

The backup with Sony Companion didnt work. However the one on my SD card luckely is.

And the second option is sending the phone back. But now i'm reading this already, i think that sony should make a new update.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 6 of 157
Message 6 of 157

HI!

Just got an android 7.0 update today and after the update my bluetooth is not working anymore...can't turn it on

How we can fix it?

Commissioner
Message 7 of 157
Message 7 of 157

This is the trouble with .0 releases. Pixel phones are now on 7.1.1 due to bug fix updates!
Bluetooth problems with all phones on 7.0 are well documented on the web.
Inhabitant
Message 8 of 157
Message 8 of 157

Same problem here after update. Two Bluetooth won't connect properly. Volume control of headphone now works independently from phone's volume. Start/pause buttons do not work anymore. However, I recognized that all worked well when I had the headphones connected during booting. Still, after disconnecting and reconnecting all was wrong again. On nexus devices a complete cache wipe should work. Anyone tried this?
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 157
Message 9 of 157

My phone connects and music and calls come through, but the car audio system says "device not connected" and won't show track names or any other song information.

Learner
Message 10 of 157
Message 10 of 157

You may need to open the car related app and re-allow permissions to access contact, folders, etc. I had to do this with the Audi MMI app, and then the car would show contacts, etc,