account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Bluetooth Metadata not displaying after Nougat update

Learner
Message 51 of 63
Message 51 of 63

Re: Bluetooth Metadata not displaying after Nougat update

Welp, this is bad, I was looking forward to come back to Sony, and finally came back to them since my Z3c died of water damage and the z4, z5 had the inferno dragon 810.

I come from a LG G5 and a Honor 8,vorh running some version of Nougat and both worked fine displaying Metadata of songs, I have a Kia rio 2017 and with my xz is not displaying right, skip controls work fine.

This is such a bummer, I have always loved Sony build quality, and even tho they are expensive I have always thought they are worth it. Been spearheading the water and stereo speakers since 2012.

Waiting  for a fix. I have October security patch. 

Adviser
Message 52 of 63
Message 52 of 63

Re: Bluetooth Metadata not displaying after Nougat update

Same issue still with my VW Golf 2015. Audio and phone calls work as expected but no metadata displayed and worse than that, the hardware controls on the steering wheel are still without function. This was working well before Nougat!

My car was in inspection yesterday and the dealer said there is no update for the radio / navigation system and that both, iPhone and Samsung Galaxy (android) phones turned out to work fine just as expected.

Sony, please finally fix this, I would hate to downgrade my Android version only for BT compatibility and take the risk of security flaws as a bitter pill!

One time poster
Message 53 of 63
Message 53 of 63

XZ not displaying any Blutooth Metadata from my iTunes library

I have no problem with my extra iphone SE, but XZ is not displaying any songs' info (such as artist info & song duration etc) out of Itunes Display.. It seems my Hyundai Sonata has no issues but only XZ has no function to parse any metadata?

Is there any way I can work around to it?? Please help. 

Learner
Message 54 of 63
Message 54 of 63

Re: XZ not displaying any Blutooth Metadata from my iTunes library

For me the solution was to change the version of AVRCP to 1.4 from my XZ.

You need to have the developer settings enabled. From there you can select between various bluetooth settings. I saw that the AVRCP version was 1.6 and changed to 1.4 (which was also said to be default) and now I can see again song information on my AV receiver Slightly smiling Face

Message 55 of 63
Message 55 of 63

Methill, do you mean this feature? http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/05/18/android-o-feature-spotlight-developer-preview-2-adds-avrcp-s... Because this is not available in Android 7.x.

Learner
Message 56 of 63
Message 56 of 63

You're correct, I didn't find that option in my Z5 Premium which is running Android 7...

I updated my XZ to Android 8 and it has that selector available.

Message 57 of 63
Message 57 of 63

Thanks, then it seems it's waiting time.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 58 of 63
Message 58 of 63

Updated my xz to android 8. The Bluetooth setting is there in developer options to put on 1.4 so I did. 

When it connected to the car it didn't show the music names. Then I tried the playing songs and then enable Bluetooth.

The song then started showing. I then disconnected and tried this again.. It didn't show. Why can't they get this sorted so you don't have to do work around? 

My other mobile is Samsung s6 and it shows songs fine when connected. 

Visitor
Message 59 of 63
Message 59 of 63

@methillwrote:

For me the solution was to change the version of AVRCP to 1.4 from my XZ.

You need to have the developer settings enabled. From there you can select between various bluetooth settings. I saw that the AVRCP version was 1.6 and changed to 1.4 (which was also said to be default) and now I can see again song information on my AV receiver Slightly smiling Face

I have the same issue, no metadata. I'm dealing with a locked phone - ZTE on assurance wireless. They use Andriod 4.4.4 and it doesn't have any menuing (including in developer mode) that allows for setting the AVRCP version. As yet I haven't found any workaround. The irony? The Alcatel Onetouch displayed album/title/author/etc on the car display just fine. This phone is a signifcant upgrade in acting as a music source and my car system is ALIVE. I'd been considering updating speakers/amp because radio and disk player are poor sources. 

One time poster
Message 60 of 63
Message 60 of 63

This worked straight away after several months of frustration. 

Thank you, Methill.

Sony Xperia XZ