account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Bluetooth Metadata not displaying after Nougat update

Apprentice
Message 41 of 63
Message 41 of 63

Re: Bluetooth Metadata not displaying after Nougat update

Same here, I also like the Sony hardware and thats why this is so frustrating. Really strange that your phone worked with your father in law's car audio system, as I read also a VW.

Maybe there is another component involved that is about the car audio system itself but as many already have written: they have tried their phones in different cars with the same problem still. 

Me myself is now using my old Xperia Z3 Compact w Android 6.something as a Spotify machine in the car, work as it should. Incoming calls, then I have to switch the car audio system to connect to the Z5 Compact instead.

Yes, it's stupid!

Learner
Message 42 of 63
Message 42 of 63

Volkswagen Golf 2015 with composition media. Does work with s7 edge with Nougat 7.0 but does not work with Xperia Premium z5 with Nougat 7.1.1. So problem is not with Android itself but Sony version of it...?

Please fix this. 

Apprentice
Message 43 of 63
Message 43 of 63

I have read somewhere that the problem could be AVRCP.. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bluetooth_profiles

I'm not sure but I think vw media composition supports avcpr 1.5 and beneath. Nougat is above that I suppose. (but some phones works!!??)

My father in law's car has discovery media that cost much more and it's maybe better - another firmware!?

I would like to share another thing..

I bought portable DAC and amplifier yesterday.

It doesn't work with z5c, only powers up with z1c but no sound and works perfectly with my nexus 9 tablet android 7.1.1 

I will try my tablet in our golf SC tomorrow. 

So maybe it is Sony anyway. Don't now what to do anymore. 

Apprentice
Message 44 of 63
Message 44 of 63

Now my z5c works flawlessly with portable DAC Fiio K1 + Sony mdr1a headphones.😊  Superb quality sound 👍

I hope there will be solution soon for transmitting metadata to car audio units and remote controls working again..

R_B
One time poster
Message 45 of 63
Message 45 of 63

Seems like this really is a Sony problem... I've an Xperia XZ with the same issues. BT connects, can play music, but no metadata, and pause/play/skip/back functions not working in car.

My other half has a Moto Z on Nougat where the controls work just fine in the same car. Same when I tested on my Samsung tablet also running Nougat. Really frustrating since my my phone (spotify) is my main source of music when I'm driving.

Learner
Message 46 of 63
Message 46 of 63

Yep, I gave up already and changed to Galaxy S7 edge. Works great. However, Z5 Premium was good as long as Nougat update came and broke BT stack somehow. ...who made testing at Sony prior to update..? Hmmm...

Visitor
Message 47 of 63
Message 47 of 63

This is Disgrace...

Still not solved in 7.1.1

My contract is about to end and after 4 years as a loyal custemer with Z2 and Z5P i'll be switching back to Iphone.

Enthusiast
Message 48 of 63
Message 48 of 63

It seems there is also a bug in bluetooth handsfree protocol...
On my BMW 325i e90 2007 with Navi Professional my contacts don't get transferred into the car-system.

It always shows "no contacts".

Calls and Music is working via bluetooth.

But this contacts problem is really annoying. I just see numbers when somebody is calling me.

Oneplus 5 7.1.1, Samsung S7 7.0, Samsung S8 7.0 is working correctly.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 49 of 63
Message 49 of 63

I have xperia xz same problem since update. Tried the forget car on Bluetooth and make sure the media is ticked in Bluetooth settings,  as well as no notifications on Spotify. This doesn't work. 

I can make calls and details come up on who is calling etc. 

I have a Samsung s5 up to date and shows  all details of songs played from Spotify. Really frustrating. 

Message 50 of 63
Message 50 of 63

Just thought I ought to say my Vauxhall Astra 2017 and Xperia XZ with Spotify dont work, none of the music apps work with the car in fact! Older phones work and other brands work, just not Sony! If everyone else can get it right, why not Sony!?