account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Audio Setting has stopped

Rookie
Message 71 of 81
Message 71 of 81

Re: Audio settings forces to close

Hello 

Same thing happened to me 

I went to repair cener and i was told that the board is completely has to be replace

Please i'm interested to know if figured somthing else 

Or repairing another way 

Thanks a lot .

Learner
Message 72 of 81
Message 72 of 81

Re: Audio settings forces to close

Not sure if this is helpful but I contacted a phone repair service about the problems. They told me that it's possible that the audio chipset is either defective or not functioning properly. Sony (in the Netherlands not sure about other countries) doesn't have many parts to fix the motherboard so repairing it might be difficult or not possible 

One time poster
Message 73 of 81
Message 73 of 81

Re: Audio Setting has stopped

I know this thread is old but I recently had the excat same issue. Just want to share how I fixed since it looks like quite a few people are experiencing the same problem. No audio (both speaker and audio jack were gone), couldn't make phone calls, couldn't get into audio settings (getting message saying audio app keeps stopping, get the same message after restart every time, tried factory reset and still the same. 

Got it fiexed by go into Safe Mode then power off. It was fixed the next time it started up.

Going into Safe Mode:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

If doing this still fixes the issue then maybe try software repair using Xperia Companion. It looks like it's a software issue rather than a hardware issue like I previously thought.

Cheer.

Learner
Message 74 of 81
Message 74 of 81

Sadly didn't work for me but thanks a lot! Hope it works for other people

One time poster
Message 75 of 81
Message 75 of 81

For anyone looking for a temporary fix to the problem, not sure if it's permanent as i've only been using the method for about 5 minutes. Firstly this bug may have something to do with app permissions or app preferences. My wife has an Xperia X Dual F1522 and woke up one morning to a partially dead phone after having it on a charger all night. She discovered that there was no sound. After the first day i elected to drain the battery flat to reset the phones memory. When booting after recharging we found that the sound worked however after an hour or so the phone went silent again unable to make phone calls etc. Never had any issues before on previous software but this phone gets frequent updates. Current software version is 7.1.1 at the time of this post. 

How i fixed the problem (Maybe)

Head into settings, then apps, select the 3 dot menu in the top right hand corner of the display. Then select show system apps. Look for Audio Settings. Select and then select storage. Clear data. Now select app permissions. Enable microphone. Now restart the device.

I will update this post as necessary as i continue to analyze the situation of the handset. 

One time poster
Message 76 of 81
Message 76 of 81

I have had all the issues: the slow camera, no phone calls outgoing or receiving, no audio from loudspeaker or aux, and the battery drains really fast. All these issues started on the 7.0 update then got worse on Oreo. The backup and restore with Sony Companion did nothing but force a ton of redownloading and updating resulting in a huge waste of time. The audio setting trick did nothing. What the deal Sony? I've had Z, Z1, Z3, and ZX. They all had software issues involving audio. My wife had an Ultra and it had battery drain issues and bluetooth stopped working. 

One time poster
Message 77 of 81
Message 77 of 81

My wife has an Xperia X and problems started after a year since she got it. Also coincides with the latest Android firmware update - i think 7.1.1. She started getting the "audio settings has stopped" error one fine morning and the phone doesn't have any sound. Intriguingly, sound comes back once in a while - once after a restart and one time when i tried the headphone jack trick. But it never lasted long. I have already tried downgrading to MM, upgrade to Oreo, software repair etc. I am not even sure whether it is a hardware or software issue. Really hoping for a miracle  

Visitor
Message 78 of 81
Message 78 of 81

Re: Audio settings stopped

I agree - Sony what is this nonsense you keep on saying take for hardware fix? I have the same problem and it worked for a moment in safe mode. Give us a solution than just saying hardware. Do you know what you made? Such a disgrace 

Visitor
Message 79 of 81
Message 79 of 81

Re: The Silent Blog

I am going to write about this Sony. You Will see 

Visitor
Message 80 of 81
Message 80 of 81

Re: The Silent Blog

I am going to write about this Sony. You Will see