account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Audio Setting has stopped

Inhabitant
Message 41 of 81
Message 41 of 81

Re: The Silent Blog

Day 2:

Still zero response from Sony. Multiple threads with the exact same issue, all ignored by the brand with the WORST customer service in the world.

Reset my phone again, only twice today as I'm bored from expecting this to get fixed... Still the exact same issue, "Audio has stopped working". The problem is getting worse, now more apps are dying and refuse to work.

Clash Royale, Zynga poker and Camera now no longer work, force closing within 3 seconds of running the app.

To be continued... 

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 42 of 81
Message 42 of 81

Re: Audio Setting has stopped

Hi everyone,

If a software repair using Xperia Companion, as suggested earlier post in this topic, doesn't help the device needs to be examined by an authorised service center. If you need information on how to proceed with this your Local support team can assist you further.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 43 of 81
Message 43 of 81

Unable to repair even service center is not able to repair the device they are willing to replace the device with refurbished one with 6 month warranty or with new with 1 year warranty, that too a seal opened unit and tested one how we will come to know whether it's new one and also the cost of the service is nearly to the cost of brand new mobile where they are willing to give only the mobile phone, how do we come to know whether its due to the charger or headset. If the problem persist again, what will be the solution. Actually the service centers of Sony is lacking on technical skills they do logistics only the response from the Sony service centers are very worse they are not meeting the ETAs. We need to sit for months expecting call back. What difference you give in service assurance compared with other brand services. 

Inhabitant
Message 44 of 81
Message 44 of 81

No Sony, this is NOT ACCEPTABLE

The Companion does NOTHING

The problem is with YOUR SOFTWARE

Expecting customers to travel hundreds of miles for a service centre to tell us what we already know is OUT OF ORDER!!

This is a problem that will not go away until you ADDRESS IT PROPERLY!!

Why will yous REFUSE to take any responsibility for this and will you, for once in the history of your company's past, do right by your CUSTOMERS?!?!

I can't stress this enough, my phone isn't broken, my software is.

My audio has been broken for weeks and weeks, yet when I revert my SOFTWARE back to Android 5.0, the problem goes away and I get my sound back.

So, I've even done half the work for you, just fix your low quality, underperforming software.

You're phones are so broken as is your pathetic website. LOOOOOOL I CAN'T EVEN UNCHECK THE STRICKETHROUGH BOX

LEARN HOW TO PROGRAM. YOUS ARE A CRIMINAL DISGRACE 

Inhabitant
Message 45 of 81
Message 45 of 81

Day 2 update:

I know this may come as a shock, but Sony actually replied to the thread...

No answers as usual, just the same copy and paste job as the last time they replied to the thread detailing the issue last YEAR.

Again, they refuse to take ownership of THEIR ERROR and expect the customer to travel and hand our phones in to service centres, even though the issue is the SOFTWARE, not the HARDWARE.

I don't think the engineers on this forum know the difference... 

Message 46 of 81
Message 46 of 81

@Soul_Speardoes the issue persist in safe mode?

Inhabitant
Message 47 of 81
Message 47 of 81

Absolutely, the problem is specific to software only. I've run multiple diagnostics on the device and all I'm left with is software issues.

I can no longer access text messaging either now.

With every message of complaint I upload, my phone dies ever more.

I reverted back to Android 5.0, audio works perfectly, so that conclusively proves the issue is software related. Back using the most up to date software and again, same prompt, "audio has stopped working".

There has to be a problem with the software and they are refusing to address it. 

Inhabitant
Message 48 of 81
Message 48 of 81

Still no further response...

I can't wait to pass this on to trading standards.

Any ideas when yous plan on pulling the finger out and decide its worth doing your jobs at any stage?

Or are yous too focused on raping the consumer by churning even more poorly built devices?

What happened to the old Sony that built quality goods?!?! 

Message 49 of 81
Message 49 of 81

@Soul_Spear how did you "revert back" to Android 5.0 if the XZ has never ran it?

Inhabitant
Message 50 of 81
Message 50 of 81

I did it on my PC, it may have been 6 to be fair, when you remove android 7.0, the problem ceases to exist, which means the issue is relevant to 7.0 only.