account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Audio Setting has stopped

Regular
Message 31 of 81
Message 31 of 81

Re: Audio settings stopped

Same strange issue here.. I have a Xperia X Dual, which was working before I went to sleep but by the morning the speakers had stopped working.. No one touched it overnight ( unless there is a ghost in my house), have never dropped the phone.. Very very frustrating 😤
Learner
Message 32 of 81
Message 32 of 81

Re: Audio Setting has stopped

Had same issue with mine, tried everything support could suggest hard re set, PC repair , happened after update,  had to send for repair, just had email that's there's a problem and repair is delayed, not a clue what is wrong yet will post when I have answers

One time poster
Message 33 of 81
Message 33 of 81

I am having the same problem here, has anyone found a solution yet??

Thanks

Apprentice
Message 34 of 81
Message 34 of 81

This is probably due to water intrusion mic and speakers might have damaged 

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 35 of 81
Message 35 of 81

STILL NO FIX!!!!!

I Have got trading standards involved. This negligence is criminal. Next, I'll get a lawyer involved as this COMPLETELY breaks all standards of fairness and practice. My phone is pretty much brand new and I can't replace it!! 

Apprentice
Message 36 of 81
Message 36 of 81

The service centers are not up to the Sony standards, they're good in doing factory reset software upgrades and logistics to send the faulty phone back to Sony and get the new phone from Sony and the worse part is the new phone comes with seal broken they comment our query on this saying quality checking. Why don't they open seal in front of us. 

Inhabitant
Message 37 of 81
Message 37 of 81

STILL NO FIX

HOW LONG DO YOU PLAN ON AVOIDING THIS? 

Inhabitant
Message 38 of 81
Message 38 of 81

The Silent Blog

Since Sony have proved they refuse outright to fix the SOFTWARE problems with audio with the XZ's and are now completely ignoring the thread on the forums (and have deleted mine twice), I'm doing a day by day account of their negligence right here on their forums and will happily escalate this through ALL newspapers and legal services. This is now theft and Sony will be held accountable. 

Inhabitant
Message 39 of 81
Message 39 of 81

Re: The Silent Blog

Day 1:

This is actually more like Day 50 something, as this problem is ongoing and has been for months.

Delve into the XZ forums, people had this problem over a year ago and Sony still haven't answered them!

So today I uninstalled the last few corrupted patches and reinstalled them to ensure no errors in that area, and no fix. After reseting my phone a total of 6 times, I still get the prompt stating "Audio has stopped working".

To be continued... 

Inhabitant
Message 40 of 81
Message 40 of 81

Still no fix.

This is criminal.