account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Audio Setting has stopped

One time poster
Message 11 of 81
Message 11 of 81

Re: Audio Setting has stopped

Same Problem No Solution found yet. Will take it to the service center tomorrow. Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 12 of 81
Message 12 of 81

Audio settings stopped

Audio settings have suddenly stopped. Factory reset done but still the same. Slow charge a d slow running phone in general. Currently on Android 7.0

Sony Xperia Support
Message 13 of 81
Message 13 of 81

Re: Audio settings stopped

Hi @Emmylouk83, I'm sorry to hear this. Slightly frowning Face

Have you also tried performing a software repair using Xperia Companion? If not then I recommend that you do so. 

If you've already tried this as well, or if it doesn't help, then your device needs to be examined further by an authorised service center. You can contact your Local support team for more information if need be.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 14 of 81
Message 14 of 81

Audio settings forces to close

Hello,

a couple months ago I dropped my phone ( Xperia xz ) flat on the back.

Later when I wanted to listen to music I noticed that there was no sound coming from the speakers or the earphones when I plugged them in.

I restarted my phone and the notification with '' Audio settings stopped working'' popped up with the only option to close it.

I tried to restart the application itself but it would try to restart and then close again. Resetting and safe mode also didn't work.

Is there anything I can do myself to fix this or do I have to get my phone repaired?

Thanks

ps.

I also can't record anything with the camera and can't be heard when I call someone. I noticed that the phone itself freezes sometimes, especially when trying to call someone

Sony Xperia Support
Message 15 of 81
Message 15 of 81

Re: Audio settings forces to close

Hi @Orlen, sorry to hear this.

You may want to try a software repair using Xperia Companion but if that doesn't help I do recommend that you send in your device for repair. Your Local support team can help you proceed with this if you contact them.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 16 of 81
Message 16 of 81

Re: Audio Setting

Did you fix it already? since i updraded from 7.0 to 7.1.1 my phone starts lagging and freezing, it doesnt play audio and when it does it sounds like distorted or what. i have no issues before the update and my phone works fine. also, '' Audio settings has stopped"appeared. i dont think i have hardwarre issues too.

Learner
Message 17 of 81
Message 17 of 81

Re: Audio Setting

@JPDRS wrote:

Did you fix it already? since i updraded from 7.0 to 7.1.1 my phone starts lagging and freezing, it doesnt play audio and when it does it sounds like distorted or what. i have no issues before the update and my phone works fine. also, '' Audio settings has stopped"appeared. i dont think i have hardwarre issues too.

I didn't take it to the store yet. I also got a comment from t-mobile since I got it there that repairing it might be quite expensive, especially since my phone doesn't have insurance 

One time poster
Message 18 of 81
Message 18 of 81

Halo,, I have a same problem with you,, how to repair it ???

One time poster
Message 19 of 81
Message 19 of 81

I'm having the same problem too.

One time poster
Message 20 of 81
Message 20 of 81

I am xperia x dual user, and i got same problem with you guys recently. I tried to restarted it,even factory reseted it but nothing changed.

Anybody got a fix yet?please let me know *cry*