account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Answering machine and night mode

Inhabitant
Message 21 of 45
Message 21 of 45

Re: Answering machine and night mode

There is an extra step on the dual SIM model. To get to voicemail it's Settings > Call > SIM 1 or SIM 2 > Voicemail.

I have the dual SIM model too running .250 HK firmware.
Commissioner
Message 22 of 45
Message 22 of 45

@ducksonetime wrote:
There is an extra step on the dual SIM model. To get to voicemail it's Settings > Call > SIM 1 or SIM 2 > Voicemail.

I have the dual SIM model too running .250 HK firmware.

Wow! Thank you!

It is actually there after all! Somehow I never tried to check a specific SIM submenu...

Inhabitant
Message 23 of 45
Message 23 of 45

No worries, hit me up those kudos lol.
Commissioner
Message 24 of 45
Message 24 of 45

BTW, if I go to "Settings > Call > SIM1 > Voicemal" it contains a "Visual Voicemal" option. It is disabled by default. I enabled it, but did not immediately observe any difference. What exactly does it enable? Where is Visual Voicemail supposed to appear in Xperia XZ? I don't see a Voicemail tab in XZ's dialer app.

Inhabitant
Message 25 of 45
Message 25 of 45

I'm not sure, I don't have these option. My carrier doesn't support visual voicemail on Android, maybe that's why it's missing for me and hence the reason I'm asking for the answering machine feature to come back.
One time poster
Message 26 of 45
Message 26 of 45

Xperia answering machine service seen in Z5 series would be great.

Also native screen recorder was another reason I loved my Z5.

Not sure why some features like these features and things like the keyboard were removed. They were all great features on the Z range.

Loving my new XZ 👍
One time poster
Message 27 of 45
Message 27 of 45

Any possibility for having Answering machine to Sony Xperia XZ Dual F8332? I upgraded from Z3 dual and really miss that feature. Came in very handy for dual sim phones along with creating separate greetings and separate ring tones to sim 1 & 2.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 28 of 45
Message 28 of 45

Hi @eccobeto26, I am afraid that the feature is currently not available for Xperia XZ. Slightly frowning Face However, I'll make sure to forward your wish for the feature internally as user feedback!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 29 of 45
Message 29 of 45

Iphone, asus and many more have night mode. This premium phone have none!
Commissioner
Message 30 of 45
Message 30 of 45

My XZ screen gets so dark in dim light that I don't need a night mode.