account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Oreo alarm does not work

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 41 of 66
Message 41 of 66

Alarm

Since Update Alarm does not ring anymore when it is activated. 

Visitor
Message 42 of 66
Message 42 of 66

Re: Alarm

My alarm has stopped working on Fridays. As I've found out the last two mornings though, even though I've turned it off, it is going off on Saturday and Sunday mornings waking me up at 6:30.

Adviser
Message 43 of 66
Message 43 of 66

Re: Alarm

Hi,

The solution seems to be to download the Google alarm app, that works with Oreo. The next Xperia update will probably correct the problem with the stock XZ alarm.

Thomas

Learner
Message 44 of 66
Message 44 of 66

Re: Android Oreo alarm does not work

Has anybody tested to see if it's only recurring alarms? I use my recurring one to remind myself of my medication. I'm usually awake and don't need it so I've been just watching it lately. It never works when I'm actively using my phone.

Learner
Message 45 of 66
Message 45 of 66

Same problem. Alarm is living his own life. 

Adviser
Message 46 of 66
Message 46 of 66

I received the new 41.3.A.2.58 Xperia XZ upadate today, but it didn't include a clock update that still is 20.2.A.1.14, so I will stay with the Google alarm app for the meantime.

Regular
Message 47 of 66
Message 47 of 66

I just want to echo what some of the other posters have already said - switch to the Google Clock app, it doesn't appear to be suffering from this problem.

Visitor
Message 48 of 66
Message 48 of 66

I have the same problem.

Alarm usually works but sometimes (maybe once a week) there are morning when there is no ringing, no nothing and I'm late from work. Clock version 20.2.A.1.14 and Android is 8.0.0. Thanks for the Google clock tip!

Does anyone else have problem that there is no sound when phone is ringing? This problem started at the same time when these clock problems. Usually phone rings as it should be but sometimes there is no sound.

Adviser
Message 49 of 66
Message 49 of 66

Re: Google clock app is the solution.

Indeed, the Google clock app is the solution, its alarm can be opened by pressing on the Xperia clock widget and then selecting the Google clock as default. Same ringtones ,same funtioning as the Xperia alarm clock.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 50 of 66
Message 50 of 66

Re: Google clock app is the solution.

Hello everyone and I'm sorry to hear that all of you are experiencing this behaviour with your Xperia XZ devices.

You might experience that your recurring alarm sometimes does not ring. This is a known behaviour that will be corrected in a later software release.

Note! Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to use the updates for specific models.

Until the new software is available, try one the following workarounds:

• Disable your recurring alarm and enable it again every time you want to set the alarm, for instance, every night.

• Set a couple of alarms with some minutes in between, for instance, 7:00 AM and 7:05 AM.

Affected software: 41.3.A.2.58 or earlier on Android 8

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.