account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Android OS size on new XZ

SOLVED
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 11 of 13
Message 11 of 13

Re: Android OS size on new XZ

Could well be come to think of it.
Message 12 of 13
Message 12 of 13

One of the reasons behind the memory allocation is the 64 bit architecture and the other is that Sony usually reserves more memory in order to be able to cover all the requirements of a future android update.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adviser
Message 13 of 13
Message 13 of 13

Got my 64GB XZ a week ago and it was quite shocking & disappointing to see that user available memory was only 50! That is ridiculously low considering this ain't my first 64gig inbuilt phone nor my first Xperia! Sony having toned down their OS, not sure what is taking up so much space. At a premium price tag, I'd expect better.