account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Android Nougat taking too much RAM

Adviser
Message 21 of 40
Message 21 of 40

Re: Android Nougat taking too much RAM

Before when im using my z3 marshmallow, im using the same social media apps and games but i rarely experience lags to much. Now here in xz when automatically upgraded to nougat then there i felt the lag switching from app to app. Before i rarely used boost app.. Just clean master. Now i always click button for boosting my phone's performance.
Talent
Message 22 of 40
Message 22 of 40

Thats interesting to me, because when I used for a while smart cleaner, it was worse with smart cleaner then within smart cleaner... But why? I dont understand to this...
First google it, then ask for it... Winking Face
Talent
Message 23 of 40
Message 23 of 40

Greenify is one of the most popular apps .. no one will steal your data 

and Smart cleaner inside the settings (in built ) degrades phone performance ... turn it off 

our phone don't need any cleaner

Adviser
Message 24 of 40
Message 24 of 40

U only use greenify? How bout clean master?
Talent
Message 25 of 40
Message 25 of 40

Yes i only use greenify ...i have like 50 apps which i hibernate coz i require them but not all the time 

Clean master and other apps actually will make the phone slow ...and eat more battery .. stay away from such apps 

Highlighted
Talent
Message 26 of 40
Message 26 of 40

I turned off the battery optimalization for apps and phone is a little bit faster, same with multitasking but its still not what I expected, I have still in my opinion that multitasking with different apps was better in my old X10 mini pro...I will try the greenify and then I will see what will happen next.
Commissioner
Message 27 of 40
Message 27 of 40

I only have 684Mb free with *no* apps open.
Talent
Message 28 of 40
Message 28 of 40

that is odd... i usually have 900mb on a reboot .... 

Talent
Message 29 of 40
Message 29 of 40

If I take the RAM usage before lollipop (kitkat and lower) and after lollipop (lollipop and newer)...its 100% growt with RAM usage, thats a big jump in power consumption...
Yo6
One time poster
Message 30 of 40
Message 30 of 40

Nougat update takes so much more memory. Moreover my apps crash all the time! Phone is XZ