account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android 7.1.1 + battery drain

Enthusiast
Message 11 of 31
Message 11 of 31

Re: Android 7.1.1 + battery drain

For me, 7.1.1 is the best it's been period (so both), and the bluetooth issues were worked through by entering into safe mode and re-pairing my devices.

The earlier versions of nougat were a struggle, which understandably pushed some back towards marshmallow generally.....

Enthusiast
Message 12 of 31
Message 12 of 31

Are you saying your battery consumption is as good as 7.0 or even better after resetting your phone? 

I might do a reset as well if that helps. 

Thanks, 

Enthusiast
Message 13 of 31
Message 13 of 31

That's strange🤔

I mean I could barely get 4 or so hours of SOT! 

For what it's worth, I installed the update over the air too.  I might do a clean installation and hopefully it'll work. 

Rookie
Message 14 of 31
Message 14 of 31

Check my post. Despite this, I like my Xperia and these bugs can happen with any other phone I owned.

Hopefully it gets solved soon.

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ/media-extractor-drains-battery-after-39-2-A-0-442-upgrade/m...

Inhabitant
Message 15 of 31
Message 15 of 31

With 7.0 i got 7hr SoT

Now on 7.1.1 i get 5.5-6 hr SoT

Standby is normal in 7.1.1 but battery usage is high.

No mater, better performance more important for me. I charge my device at night and if phone can support me along my work period, it is enough for me.

Stitchcraft_20170502-152435.png

_20170502_152339.JPG

My XZ is rooted and debloated. Google assistant (and qualcomm voice print) are the real problem. Any google apps and services call "google play services". Anybody mentioned have problem with play services, disable Assistant and nearby device.

Veteran
Message 16 of 31
Message 16 of 31

As you mentioned your device is rooted and debloated, and now you are habing lower SOT.
Imagine for the people without root and debloat SOT is now 4 to 5 hours only. 

This is a problem Sony need to look into. 
Upping the cpu's clock to improve performance is the cheapest solution I would not consider Sony would do. I expected software optimizations other than that to improve the speed...

Anyway, how to disable google assistant?
Thank you in advance. 

Enthusiast
Message 17 of 31
Message 17 of 31

I'm shocked

Here is my usageScreenshot_20170503-151256.png

Veteran
Message 18 of 31
Message 18 of 31

Did someone in Sony tested new 7.1.1 software in terms of battery life for XZ before the release? 
Do they still have proper QA division or simply releasing from dev directly to Prod??? 

Highlighted
Adept
Message 19 of 31
Message 19 of 31

Whoever can get over 3 hours of SOT in 7.1.1 should feel lucky. After updating my XZ to 7.1.1, this is my usual SOT. The "Phone Idle" battery drain is affecting my phone and it drains the battery while my phone is not in use. I was hoping the software developers at Sony would be able to fix this but its a lost cause..

Screenshot_20170503-051919.png

Adept
Message 20 of 31
Message 20 of 31

Hi, 

I noticed that under the memory, Android OS is taking lots of memory. 

Restarting helps. But it is not the root cause. 

So, i disabled to fix it by going to 

Settings > About phone > Usage info settings > unchecked it!

I suspect this is using system memory aka RAM and causes the issue. 

Try it and see if it helps!