account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

xz premium oreo keeps lagging.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

xz premium oreo keeps lagging.

Yesterday, I updated the phone, but now, it becomes so slagging.

System takes a lot storage in ROM.

But it just boot up about 1 day!!!

At 7.1.1, about 30 days, the system ROM storage will up to 2.9G.

At Oreo, just 1days, it is 3.3G, I have to reboot it to solve the problem.Screenshot_20171101-152208.png

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

Re: xz premium oreo keeps lagging.

@sonnnyI'm not having such issues, it's most likely a poorly coded third party app that's slowing the whole system down. also keep in mind that used RAM isn't something to be concerned about on Android, as it's meant to use as much RAM as possible by design to improve multitasking.

Talent
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

I can't agree with you.In android, free RAM space is important,if not,the system will lag.

And, after updated to Oreo, I didn't download any app.

At 7.1.1, RAM space is good, but now, it's lagging.

Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

@sonnny well, I disagree with your disagreement. here's a nice read about how Android manages RAM: https://www.androidcentral.com/ram-what-it-how-its-used-and-why-you-shouldnt-care

it's six years old, but it stills hold true - unused RAM is wasted RAM on Android. still, if you feel that something is off about your phone, you can try performing a software repair using Xperia Companion.

Talent
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

Can't agree, I think  this article is wrong, it can't match the real situation.

Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

@sonnny

You can disagree, but this is really how Android works. If you have lags, then it can be one of your apps acting up because it was not optimized by its developer to work with Oreo. If you are willing to test that to find the truth, perform a software repair using Xperia Companion as @najodleglejszy suggested, then install your apps one by one and test the lag/RAM usage with each app you install.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Talent
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

I used breven to manage apps,so it can't be a third part app make this problem.

Besides, I restarted the device, now system usage in RAM is 1.9G.

I used the same apps at 7.1.1 and never met this problem.

Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

@sonnny wrote:

I used breven to manage apps,so it can't be a third part app make this problem.

Breven being a 3rd party app itself?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Talent
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

yes,but it use personal API to manage apps.Once set,it even need not to start.

And,it fit Oreo.

Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

@sonnny wrote:

yes,but it use personal API to manage apps.Once set,it even need not to start.

And,it fit Oreo.

So it takes app control away from the native API, and runs itself autonomously, correct?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.