account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia xz freezing black screen

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

xperia xz freezing black screen

Hi!

I bought my XZ Premium exactly 2 months ago. The phone glitched wile taking a pic after just one week. Reboot and phone worked.

About 2 weeks later, same thing after using FB. Had to reboot 5 times, before it restarted. Unfortunately 1 week ago the screen did not work anymore. Touchscreen works, so without my simcard I can unlock the phone,  after which the stripes join the party. Sent it for a warranty repair. They said that there was a defective cirquitboard, that was replaced, and that led to my IMEI-code being changed and all data lost. Gave me some receipts that I need to have with me,  if I need to take it to warranty again. Got home, started to setup the phone, again, and the had the same problem. Screen/phone won't turn on, but now there is something like a photo of a inktest that flashes, and the indicatorlight flashes green really fast once. So can someone tell me what this problem is, besides my storytelling being quite...let's say slow. 

5 REPLIES 5
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: xperia XZ freezing black screen

@Lepi84

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, but this is a global user based forum, it will be wise to stay in touch with your Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Just wondering how this is not a question for a global forum, if I'm asking if people have had the same problem-> and know what is wrong, because the people who "fixed" my phon, did not fix it... soooo..

@uliwooly wrote:

@Lepi84

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, but this is a global user based forum, it will be wise to stay in touch with your Local support

Emperor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

@Lepi84

It will be quite difficult for anyone to say that they have the same issue, as they could have a similar situation BUT it might be a unrelated issue. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Re: xperia xz freezing black screen

Hi @Lepi84, Welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear about this Slightly frowning Face 

Based on the information you have provided the best thing to do is to remain in contact with your Local support team to arrange a repair assessment as uliwooly suggested.

Because the matter relates to your local support there's not much else we can advise on here. I apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you. 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Re: xperia xz freezing black screen

Freezing black screen if happening while trying to make a phone call?

This might be because the top right sensor is dirty or blocked. Phone thinks it's held up to your head so shuts the screen off of save battery.