account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

sd card mount as internal memory

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

sd card mount as internal memory

is this possible?

it is/was on other android phones and it would make things neater on file manager

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: sd card mount as internal memory

Hi @Andyben,

Xperia devices running Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) and Android 7.0 (Nougat) can use the SD card as portable storage, but not as adoptable storage. You can not mount your SD card as internal memory.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

With a little hack (no root) is it possible. Through adb commands...  But then the stock camera app can't find any storage to save the pictures so... 

One time poster
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi can it be done with android 8.0 ?

I was wondering because with my old phone it was possible i thought it was an android thing.

now it seems to be a brand choice .