account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

no call settings on my xperia xz premium

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

no call settings on my xperia xz premium

The call settings have completely disappeared for my xperia xz preium, the apparant 'flagship' of the Sony phones. i cannot there do anything such as hide my number or forward calls etc

How can this be managed in the absence of any settings?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: no call settings on my xperia xz premium

Hi @Amy977, welcome to our forum!

You can access these settings if you open up the Phone application > tap the three dots in the top right corner > Settings > Calls (if you only see the dial pad when opening up the Phone application, tap the back button which is placed at the bottom left of your device).

Here you have access to Caller ID, Call forwarding and so forth.

I hope that answers your question! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Hi @Amy977, welcome to our forum!

You can access these settings if you open up the Phone application > tap the three dots in the top right corner > Settings > Calls (if you only see the dial pad when opening up the Phone application, tap the back button which is placed at the bottom left of your device).

Here you have access to Caller ID, Call forwarding and so forth.

I hope that answers your question! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

View solution in original post

Visitor
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Thanks I have been trying to find these for about a month as they disappeared from the usual settings menu after an update

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

Hi again and you're very welcome! Slightly smiling Face

In Android 8.0 you no longer have the "Call" setting directly in the Settings menu so I fully understand that there can be some confusion as to where you can access these settings! Slightly smiling Face

Let me know if there is anything else I may assist you with and have a great day!

One time poster
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Hi

Can you please tell us if the function "Smart call handling" still exists ? I cannot find it in call settings

Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

@zebigbos open Phone app, tap the three dots in the top right corner and go to Settings > Calls > Smart call handling 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Hi @zebigbos, welcome to our forum!

@najodleglejszy was a lot faster than me at answering this and if you follow his instructions, you should be able to find this setting! Slightly smiling Face

Have a great day!

One time poster
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

I've tried your solution without success. I did just as you said and no more than 4 options appeared: Display Options, Sounds and vibration, call accounts, call blocking. At sounds and vibration options only shows the following options: Phone ringtone, Also vibrate for calls, dialpads tones. This problem is huge because decrease call volume and no great conversation is enhanced, not as before that you selected the quality of the conversation, speed and other incredible options.

Previous options were great, please get back these options in the next actualization. 

Pioneer
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

@Nodknight;

In the call accounts option open it and select the the SIM card account you want (if dual SIM) and you will have all the phone accounts options available (smart call handling is usually the first option) . 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Hi @Nodknight, welcome to our forum!

My previous information only applies to devices that are updated to Android 8.0 as they no longer have a section named "Call" in the Settings menu.

If you have a device running Android 7.0 you can find these settings in Settings > Call > Accessibility/Additional settings. Do note as @NunoSEN2 wrote, if you have a Dual device, you will need to choose which SIM card you want to change the settings for first.

I hope that helps and I'm sorry if I misunderstood your question!