account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

mode picture-in-picture

One time poster
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

mode picture-in-picture

Здравствуйте, с приходом объявления 8.0 oreo в мой Sony xz premium я не нашёл включения режима "картинка в картинке". На сайте Xperia я увидел надпись о том что доп информацию можно найти на форуме, но так и не нашёл. Расскажите - как её активировать? 

Hello, with the advent of the announcement 8.0 oreo in my Sony xz premium, I did not find the inclusion of the "picture in picture" mode. On the site Xperia, I saw an inscription that additional information can be found on the forum, but I did not find it. Tell us - how to activate it?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Adept
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: mode picture-in-picture

Just open Google Chrome and play any video in full screen, then press the home button.

The video will continue playing in a small window.

Obviously it doesn't work with youtube (as far as I've read, it needs a youtube red subscription for pip mode).

Some other apps might support it too, but might need to be updated to Oreo compatibility first.

Emperor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

@romka-99

Its only available to few Android devices BUT 

Open Youtube > look for the video > play it >  long press the task manager > now you should be able to split the screen, it's not the same but you can do 2 things at once 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@romka-99only some apps support PIP mode. Youtube does, but as @DJAxcess mentioned, you need Youtube Red subscription to be able to use it. Duo and Whatsapp have it, too, when you perform a video call, as well as Google Maps when you start navigation mode. from what I've read, Netflix is implementing support for PIP, too.

Adept
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Install OGyoutube.. It supports pip and background play aswell. Screenshot_20171031-111543.png