account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

mobile data leak

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

mobile data leak

g8142, 8.0.0

dev ops:

• mobile data is always active: off
  • aggressive wifi to mobile handover: off

data usage:

• mobile data: off
  • data saver: on

Special app access: 1 app can use unrestricted data access.

Unrestricted data access, show system: everything is off

There is literally nothing else that I can do without rooting the device. Did I miss something?

Mobile data usage:

• Android OS: 4.53kb

How comes that android os is leaking mobile data usage if I switched the latter off everywhere?

I don't want to change my mobile plan just because Sony fails to block mobile data usage. And I don't want to pay for mobile data at all 'cause it's like 10$ for these 4.53kb here.

7 REPLIES 7
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: mobile data leak

Hi @g8142user, welcome to the community.

The Android™ OS app is used for both wireless software downloads (over-the-air), as well as Google™ Backup & reset functions which intermittently performs backups of your data to Google™ servers.

Turn off backing up of data to Google™ servers. This will stop the Android™ OS app from using high amounts of data.

To disable backup of data to Google™ servers

1. From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
  2. Tap Settings > Backup & reset.
  3. Under Google™ Backup & Restore, tap Back up my data. 
  4. Tap the slider next to On, and then tap OK.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

I applied all actions. Smth still uses mobile data so I can't accept your answer as a solution. The problem still persists.

Learner
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

hi.

is there any solution to the mobile data leak problem or sony xz premium just constantly leaks mobile data and $ from user's pockets without producing anything worthwhile while doing it?

Pioneer
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Hi @g8142user;

Did you disable mobile data on both mobile cards?

Have you tried to delete all APNs from both mobile cards? 

Learner
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

1. i use only 1 mobile card, the other slot is a 128gb memory to save videos and listen to music.

2. i deleted apn settings long ago but it fixed nothing

Learner
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

does anybody know if i can return my phone back to the seller or may be it's a warranty case so i could "repair" it somewhere?

Learner
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

up