account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

iPhone 6 to Xperia XZ premium

Learner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

iPhone 6 to Xperia XZ premium

Hi  

I have been trying to transfer data from Iphone 6 to Xperia XZ premium since last 3 days but couldnt get through.following are the various method i tried. 

1)  using icloud --> even though iphone back up is enabled, get a pop up and says there is nothing on the i cloud. enable the backup on the phone.

2)  took the back from i tunes and tried to upload the back up using sony companion using windows PC.  i get a message saying failure to transfer data.

3) using xperia transfer mobile app from the phone, i have a OTG cable of samsung as sony OTG cable did not come in the package it gets stuck on step 2 - pair devices evn though i click on i trust pop up on iphone. it doesnt move ahead. 

anyone have successfully trasnferred from iphone to sony, please your opinion would be really usuful. 

thanks 

Krunal

5 REPLIES 5
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: iPhone 6 to Xperia XZ premium

@KrunalC

to better assist you have you been successful on transferring anything? maybe just the contacts? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi @KrunalC,

From my personal experience:

photos: you can use dropbox or some apps like that to upload all your photos in your iphone first. then download them into your XZP.

Contacts: you can use some apps like "Tencent Sync". Install it on both your iPhone andXZP. then just launch it, the app will guide you how to transfer the contract to your XZP.

Calendar: you can use google account/Microsoft account login both your iphone and XZP, then Sync the calendar. 

Anyother data(Files,music), also you can try to use the dropbox or some apps like that.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

On your iphone setup your google account.

Tranfer your contact to google.

Setup Google photos, where it will backup all your pics to your google account.

Then on your sony just login to your google account and voila! Everything will be there.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Yes I migrated from an iPhone. I made a local backup on my mac and then used the desktop-companion to transfer the backup to the phone. Worked great. I had problems with the mobile-app too, since it wanted to login to iCloud using the 2 way verification and loaded until infinity after putting the numbers in.

Adviser
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Trying coolmuster mobile transfer to help you transfer data from Iphone 6 to Xperia XZ premium. Usually, data like contacts, text messages, videos, photos, books, etc can be easily transferred between them.