account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

firmware and bands

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

firmware and bands

hi gals and guys! i wanna to buy xz premium chinese version and sellers says that installing global firmware. and i have a question - will work all band or chinese version hasnot global bands? and I live in Kazakhstan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Re: firmware and bands

Hi again @serg_panther!

You're very welcome! Slightly smiling Face

Well as far as I can tell, there is no "Chinese" model of the Xperia XZ Premium, but the Dual SIM model has a customization for China, so it would make sense that this model is the one sold in China.

I know that some other models were released in China/Hong Kong, such as the Xperia XZ3 and that had a different model number compared to the "global" Single and Dual SIM devices, but that is not the case for the Xperia XZ Premium.

The bands are the same for both the Single SIM model (G8141) and the Dual SIM model (G8142).

You can always ask the seller for the model number in case you want to make sure but as far as I can see in all the documentation I have available, there are only 2 versions of the the Xperia XZ Premium and both are global versions as there are plenty of different customizations of the software available. You can also try and get a hold of the IMEI number of the device and get back to me with it in a private message and I can check everything for you.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

7 REPLIES 7
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Hi @serg_panther, welcome to our forum!

The bands that are supported by device are "locked" to the hardware and it doesn't matter if you install a different firmware, this will not change the supported 2G/3G or LTE bands.

As far as I can see the "Chinese" version is the G8142, which is the normal Dual SIM version of the Xperia XZ Premium and below you can find the supported bands (same bands as the Single SIM version and the third version called G8188 is only for the Japanese market).

GSM: GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
UMTS HSPA+: 800 (Band VI), 800 (Band XIX), 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 1700 (Band IV), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) MHz
LTE: Bands (1,2,3,4,5,7,8,12,13,17,19,20,26,28,29,32,38,39,40,41).

I would recommend that you check with the operator that you use and check that they support as many bands are possible, just to make sure! Slightly smiling Face

I hope that helps!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Learner
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Jonas thank you very much, men! so you wrote bands for chinese phone? or they are the same for all places? in your text i have band 7 and 20 that i need. so if i buy chinese version and seller installed global rom - i'll get working device in my place?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Hi again @serg_panther!

You're very welcome! Slightly smiling Face

Well as far as I can tell, there is no "Chinese" model of the Xperia XZ Premium, but the Dual SIM model has a customization for China, so it would make sense that this model is the one sold in China.

I know that some other models were released in China/Hong Kong, such as the Xperia XZ3 and that had a different model number compared to the "global" Single and Dual SIM devices, but that is not the case for the Xperia XZ Premium.

The bands are the same for both the Single SIM model (G8141) and the Dual SIM model (G8142).

You can always ask the seller for the model number in case you want to make sure but as far as I can see in all the documentation I have available, there are only 2 versions of the the Xperia XZ Premium and both are global versions as there are plenty of different customizations of the software available. You can also try and get a hold of the IMEI number of the device and get back to me with it in a private message and I can check everything for you.

Learner
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

if i get chinese version and myself installing russian -what i get? or if i buy g8141 and how i can get dual sim? i know sony in single sim has sim slot just blocked but  has possibility to work with sim. for it need to change region code or how?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Hi again @serg_panther,

The bands will not changed as they are linked to the hardware and not the software.

The most important parts are that the actual model that you buy is supported in the network that your operator has and that the bands are supported by them.

It feels wrong to call it the Chinese version as the Dual SIM model is available in other markets than China, so don't think too much about that. Examples of some markets are, France, The United States of American, some countries in Central Europe, Singapore and so on.

The G8141 is a Single SIM device and does not have 2 SIM card slots, it has one slot for a SIM card and one for a SIM card. The G8142 has two SIM card slots, so you can use two SIM cards, or 1 SIM card and a SD card.

Learner
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

I ask that the craftsmen were flashing a single-SIM version of the firmware from the dual SIM card and the second slot was accepting a SIM card, only changing the background itself. For in the one-symbol second card does not stand up, there are no ledges. And if you download the firmware, do I need to flash the file  pursist.  and simlock.  or not?

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Hi again @serg_panther,

I have no idea if that is the case or not since I haven't disassembled a Dual SIM device, but I know that you can flash a Dual SIM version of the firmware in a Single SIM device and the other way around. The only difference is that you either have the Dual SIM settings or not, apart from that it should be the same.

Keep in mind that some customizations are only available for Dual SIM devices and some are only available for Single SIM devices. For example, there is no Dual SIM firmware for the Nordic and Baltic customization for the Xperia XZ Premium as only the Single SIM model was released here.

Regarding the flashing process, this is not something that I can help you with, but we have a developer page and developer forum where these type of questions are better answered.

https://developer.sony.com/

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Developer-World/ct-p/DeveloperWorld