account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

battery life isnt good for me at all

Adept
Message 1 of 7
1,795 Views
Message 1 of 7

battery life isnt good for me at all

im barely getting 4 maybe 4:30 hours of screen on time not even heavy gaming barely using the device for whatsapp! phone idle is on my top 3 battery draining services I tried litterally everything I could to make the phone debloated, even disabled AVG, I barely have a couple of apps installed im on oreo .119 and its driving me insane, its after a software repair AND a factory reset, and battery caliberation (emptied battery then charged to 100% on a  straight charge) still im getting very low battery life, especially this "phone idle" taking up all the power i dont know why!

what can I do here?? my phone is barely half a year old I baught it in october and this is just weird, and very dissapointing I get that batteries wear out with time but half a year? come on.

please tell me this is covered under warranty!

6 REPLIES 6
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 7
1,779 Views
Message 2 of 7

Re: battery life isnt good for me at all

Well, i bought mine at August last year. Battery seem worse a little bit, from 5h30 onscreen (20%) to 4h30 on screen (20%). Auto brightness.

 

My daily is Facebook 1h, web browsing on Chrome few minutes and play Hawk: Freedom squadron 1h30' and the rest is silly thing.

 

I don't know how other users could grind up to 8h onscreen, that seem very impossible without STAMINA on and lowest brightness screen.

 

And still very disappointed with the Bluetooth connection not compatible with all device (my stabilizer SPG-C not work very well with XZP Bluetooth while it work well with other phone...)

 

Camera software not use all Sony IMX400 sensor potential and i can't use 3rd party camera because lacking of API

Message 3 of 7
1,755 Views
Message 3 of 7

Re: battery life isnt good for me at all

playing video games is bound to drain battery quicker.

 

also, battery life heavily depends on the type of internet connection and signal reception you're getting. I'm having horrible coverage in my current place so I'd be getting about 4-5 hours of screen on time, while I'd be getting up to 10 hours if constantly connected to WiFi and having good GSM reception in another place.

Highlighted
Genius
Message 4 of 7
1,748 Views
Message 4 of 7

Re: battery life isnt good for me at all

@LionK there are a lot of parameters that will effect heavy battery loss, some touched on by @najodleglejszy.... i wouldn't say I'm a heavy user but certainly not a light user & can get 1.5 days from my premium. If you've not done so try running it in Safe Mode for a while.....you could also try a System Repair.....also best never to let your battery fully drain as it is not good for your battery.

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaz3/tools/xperia-companion/

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008

Adept
Message 5 of 7
1,665 Views
Message 5 of 7

Re: battery life isnt good for me at all

@najodleglejszy


@najodleglejszy wrote:

playing video games is bound to drain battery quicker.

 

also, battery life heavily depends on the type of internet connection and signal reception you're getting. I'm having horrible coverage in my current place so I'd be getting about 4-5 hours of screen on time, while I'd be getting up to 10 hours if constantly connected to WiFi and having good GSM reception in another place.


well im constantly connected to wifi in my own house so im getting almost full signal all the time here so i dont think its an issue...

and no I dont game a lot, not even a little, if I do I play those simple mind games like (word cookie, line drawing, sometimes sniper 3D for only a matter of minutes) nothing fancy because I dont like heavy games on mobile any way.

keep in mind if I use my phone constantly id get to 4:30-5 hours of screen on time, but if I use it only here and there Id barely get to 3:30-4:00 if im lucky 4:30.

Adept
Message 6 of 7
1,664 Views
Message 6 of 7

Re: battery life isnt good for me at all


@dandy63 wrote:

@LionK there are a lot of parameters that will effect heavy battery loss, some touched on by @najodleglejszy.... i wouldn't say I'm a heavy user but certainly not a light user & can get 1.5 days from my premium. If you've not done so try running it in Safe Mode for a while.....you could also try a System Repair.....also best never to let your battery fully drain as it is not good for your battery.

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaz3/tools/xperia-companion/

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008



 

 

@dandy63

 

safe mode isnt relevant for me as it only disables 3rd party apps which I dont have as in my case I used software repair and factory reset and still barely installed 6 apps and they are from the google play so that wouldnt help even though I tried just to make sure, still it didnt.

Adept
Message 7 of 7
1,657 Views
Message 7 of 7

Re: battery life isnt good for me at all


@minhtrism wrote:

Well, i bought mine at August last year. Battery seem worse a little bit, from 5h30 onscreen (20%) to 4h30 on screen (20%). Auto brightness.

 

My daily is Facebook 1h, web browsing on Chrome few minutes and play Hawk: Freedom squadron 1h30' and the rest is silly thing.

 

I don't know how other users could grind up to 8h onscreen, that seem very impossible without STAMINA on and lowest brightness screen.

 

And still very disappointed with the Bluetooth connection not compatible with all device (my stabilizer SPG-C not work very well with XZP Bluetooth while it work well with other phone...)

 

Camera software not use all Sony IMX400 sensor potential and i can't use 3rd party camera because lacking of API


still your situation is better because you got 4:30 with 20% left, drain those 20% you would get up to 5:30 and thats without stamina mode, mine can only get to that WITH stamina mode on MAX level