account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xz premium fingerprint sensor issue Australia

Regular
Message 1 of 9
1,449 Views
Message 1 of 9

Xz premium fingerprint sensor issue Australia

my Sony Xperia xz premium has been sporadically giving me a message saying fingerprint sensor software not available. It stops working for a time then comes back. Tonight it was like it didn't have the software at all, no options to reset it and nothing when I touched the sensor. Restarted and it seemed to come back. Any ideas

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
1,444 Views
Message 2 of 9

Re: Xz premium fingerprint sensor issue Australia


@Bunyipbait wrote:

my Sony Xperia xz premium has been sporadically giving me a message saying fingerprint sensor software not available. It stops working for a time then comes back. Tonight it was like it didn't have the software at all, no options to reset it and nothing when I touched the sensor. Restarted and it seemed to come back. Any ideas


Try clearing cache and data of fingerprint ASM and fingerprint extension service in the system Apps list. Also force close it and restart the phone...

If it didn't work test in safe mode too..

 

If still failing, do settings reset .

Last option is Xperia companion repair. 

 

Also clean power button with a cloth if there is dirt on it. 

 

Make sure u r running XZ Premium firmware of australia which is customised au CDA 1308-6997 running build number 47.2.A.10.45 .

 

For carrier operator firmware it's 

1308-6995 for Optus au

1308-6996 for Telstra au

1308-9477 for Vodafone au

 

Build number varies for firmwares under operators.

 

To view customisation CDA code dial *#*#7378423#*#* and check service info.

 

Hope it works again...

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 9
1,423 Views
Message 3 of 9

Re: Xz premium fingerprint sensor issue Australia

 hey i want know which XZ Premium firmware of australia can be using VOLTE 

   Did customised au CDA 1308-6997  suitable?

or Should be this ?

1308-6995 for Optus au

1308-6996 for Telstra au

1308-9477 for Vodafone au

Message 4 of 9
1,415 Views
Message 4 of 9

Re: Xz premium fingerprint sensor issue Australia


@Avril wrote:

 hey i want know which XZ Premium firmware of australia can be using VOLTE 

   Did customised au CDA 1308-6997  suitable?

or Should be this ?

1308-6995 for Optus au

1308-6996 for Telstra au

1308-9477 for Vodafone au


All three networks offer volte but need to contact their websites or them to know which ever phone models are there in support list..

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 9
1,289 Views
Message 5 of 9

Re: Xz premium fingerprint sensor issue Australia

oh, Thank you for your patience and answer for me.Smiling Face

 

 I  had check the three networks offer both support VOLTE for XZP  on australia  , 

 

 Does   this firmware CDA 1308-6997 for customised AU   support VOLTE for  3 networks operators  in Australia (optus ,telstra, vodafone au ) ?

 

What is the difference between unlocked firmware and networks firmware?

 

 

 

  

Highlighted
Message 6 of 9
1,284 Views
Message 6 of 9

Re: Xz premium fingerprint sensor issue Australia


@Avril wrote:

oh, Thank you for your patience and answer for me.Smiling Face

 

 I  had check the three networks offer both support VOLTE for XZP  on australia  , 

 

 Does   this firmware CDA 1308-6997 for customised AU   support VOLTE for  3 networks operators  in Australia (optus ,telstra, vodafone au ) ?

 

What is the difference between unlocked firmware and networks firmware?

 

 

 

  


For that u shud contact your network whether they give volte support to customised au firmware . If u don't get volte ,there is chance they give only to their operator locked firmware devices.

 

The difference between unlocked and locked is, 

Unlocked means region customised firmwares which u can use any network SIM card .

Locked means it's locked to one of the operators or network which u can only use 1 network of the respective operator. The firmware and it's updates are released by operators so updates are sometimes late than globally released ones. 

 

Volte implementation will b fast for locked operator released firmwares. 

 

U have to contact network provider to know more..

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 9
1,276 Views
Message 7 of 9

Re: Xz premium fingerprint sensor issue Australia

Ok, I probably got it , lately i will try those firmware.


   Thank you for your answer!Smiling Face with open Mouth & Smiling Eyes

Message 8 of 9
1,271 Views
Message 8 of 9

Re: Xz premium fingerprint sensor issue Australia


@Avril wrote:

Ok, I probably got it , lately i will try those firmware.


   Thank you for your answer!Smiling Face with open Mouth & Smiling Eyes


If u r from China, why are you trying these Australia builds?? Or u r Chinese and now u r in Australia? .ok guess u can fix these..

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 9
1,256 Views
Message 9 of 9

Re: Xz premium fingerprint sensor issue Australia

hhh   lol ,  Just Some time period in the future due  to I need preparing for it . i hope it will be solved  Grinning Face