account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia xz premium screen problem

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 31 of 43
Message 31 of 43

Re: Xperia xz premium screen problem

Sorry if it didn't work out well for you. Maybe you can try asking the call center to get the Xperia repair team to talk to you instead, so that you can explain to them directly the issue is intermittent and let them understand the situation. Sometimes, the front service desk/call center did not relay the message correctly.

One time poster
Message 32 of 43
Message 32 of 43

Hi mate,

Have you installed any kind of screen protector on your phone's screen? If you have one, try to remove it. I used to have this kind of problem back then with my Z2. I put glass screen protector that might be to thick for the screen, and it was causing touch to not being registered well, and also sometimes causing random touches.

Hope it can solve the issue, mate.

Learner
Message 33 of 43
Message 33 of 43

OK, here is an update: After a couple of further emails, a fax and a video showing the error, Sony agreed to exchange my phone. I received the new one (actually a refurbished one) as of two days ago. After many updates and setting it up, up to now there has been not a single missing swipe or touch. Works perfectly fine! This is how it should've been from the beginning.

I assume the production date of the exchanged phone is earlier from the one I sent in according to the IMEI and last time it has been up, which was June 2017. Nevertheless, to my opinion it was definitely a hardware issue and I can only recommend anybody with this error to be persistent, even if the repair center cannot find an error. I think, they just don't test thoroughly enough.

Visitor
Message 34 of 43
Message 34 of 43

I can't get it to stay on

Visitor
Message 35 of 43
Message 35 of 43

i did but when the tech put the new LCD glass on I am not going to buy any thing else. I call Sony in New York to see if I can find someone to send it to, too see if it can be repair.

Learner
Message 36 of 43
Message 36 of 43

Todos tienen la version de Android 8.0?

All have the version of Android 8.0?

gt

Adviser
Message 37 of 43
Message 37 of 43

I have the same issue. I first noticed it while typing so I thought it's problem with SwiftKey compatibility since I've been using it on other phones for years with no problems. I even removed my screen protector. But the I started noticing it else where. Scrolling and selecting and I even have hard time removing the lock screen. This is unacceptable from sony. I love sony xperia but this is not what I'm used to. Sony techs should do some testing to find this bug. Thanks

Learner
Message 38 of 43
Message 38 of 43

Alguno de ustedes que haya actualizado a Android 9.0 pie y se haya solucionado?, disulpe por escribir en español.

Any of you that have updated to Android 9.0 foot and has been solved ?, disulpe for writing in Spanish.
 GT

Learner
Message 39 of 43
Message 39 of 43

Last update doesn't solve the problem at all. Must be a hardware issue, I'm definitely returning my phone back so they give me a new one clean, If they don't I'll stop buying from Sony

One time poster
Message 40 of 43
Message 40 of 43

After I updated to Android 9, this problem happen.
Identify problem : For example I'm on working with calculator application. I push button power to make phone sleep. Then push it again to wake up. I do continue working with calculator again. BUT, Calculator didn't response any finger touching input at all!

I close calculator apps screen by push circle button on screen center below, so I can see my home screen mode come.
Then I touch square button on screen at right side below to make calculator screen come.
I can see calculator, But it data input has already changed. Many numbers was added. This is because I touch my calculator screen randomly when screen freeze in previous!

So, basically inside or internal still working but screen display CAN NOT FOLLOW My input to show the process on going.

I try to repair with Xperia companion, reset factory, see in save mode. All result are same. Problem still happen.
This is because of using Android 9.
Note : My apps are not much. Nearly to standard factory default.

Please help.