account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia xz premium screen problem

Rookie
Message 21 of 43
Message 21 of 43

Re: Xperia xz premium screen problem

I have the same problem on a brand new xperia xz premium. Please tell me how can I resolve it. Thank you 

One time poster
Message 22 of 43
Message 22 of 43

i have the same problem.. it's very annoying that SONY doesn't come back with a solution for their flashship phone even . i feel like i shouln't have done this .. can sony come back with a solution to keep their customer happy ? when we will receive the dec 17 security updates ?? its already half past january ..

Visitor
Message 23 of 43
Message 23 of 43

I've had this since day one.

Sony simply say do a screen diagnosis and safe mode and remove apps to narrow it down.

It's hardware. Not software.

One time poster
Message 24 of 43
Message 24 of 43

I have the same problem.. it's very annoying

One time poster
Message 25 of 43
Message 25 of 43

Same problem here, bought this phone last week. on the first day, after using it for couple of hours the screen start to miss some touch. It will back to normal after restart but the same issue will happen again after using it for few hours. 

Enthusiast
Message 26 of 43
Message 26 of 43

I too have this issue since phone launch. However, after multiple firmware updates and no response from Sony, I gave up and sent it to my local service center under warranty for both touchscreen and wifi issue.

They replaced the display/touchscreen and it works fine now. I suggest you guys to just send it in for any touchscreen or wifi issue.

Learner
Message 27 of 43
Message 27 of 43

After reading the last post I gave up hope that it is a software issue. I sent it in (as suggested by Sony before), wrote a long explanation since the error is not reproducible on demand and got it back a week later. Result: Nothing was done, cannot find an error. This happened for both XZP phones we bought!

Of course the problem returned just a day after I got it back. Coincidentally not recognizing swipes, etc. ... as explained before. I'm just p_____. What will Sony do about this? Just leave it? Apparently the checks they ran didn't show a problem. Not sure if this test programm they use can identify such random (apparently) hardware issues.

Did maybe anyone solve this by changing the firmware? Could it be related to the SIM card I put in? Since after I put it in, the phones displays something about adjusting settings to my provider and restart. But I don't think so, I had this problems also when completely resetting the phone and started without a SIM card.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 28 of 43
Message 28 of 43

Push for a touchscreen replacement. Explain to them that this problem happens intermittently.

This touchscreen issue had nothing to do with the SIM card slot and your phone is most likely from a small defective batch.

My touchscreen issue was only solved after they replaced the touchscreen.

Learner
Message 29 of 43
Message 29 of 43

I talked with the Sony hotline and they marked my phone for a closer look. I just got the phone back from a second "repair". Nothing done, cannot reproduce the error. Turned it on, played a bit with it and *bang* missed a touch again just after some usage... this will become more as time goes as my experience is. So gotta start over again, call Sony. Poor hotline guy. This repair service is beneath contempt.

Learner
Message 30 of 43
Message 30 of 43

I think, what happens is that some apps show this problem more evidently, like reading pdf or instagram but I don't think they test the devices this way. Instead they kinda test the phone in the main menu or in safe mode where the phone tends to work normally.

It would be a good idea to I think to mention this.