account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia xz premium screen problem

Apprentice
Message 1 of 43
Message 1 of 43

Xperia xz premium screen problem

I recently purchased this phone and from the very beginning ran in problem with the touch screen. Sometimes it seems to miss/not register the touches and its really annoying and frustrating. Also the pre installed swiftkey keyboard is rubbish. Can't seem to hit any correct keys with it. Now using Gboard.

Is there something I can do about the display problem?

42 REPLIES 42
Message 2 of 43
Message 2 of 43

Re: Xperia xz premium screen problem

Try going to Settings, Support, Tools, Diagnostics then Test tab and try the tests.. 

Sony XZ Premium,Samsung S9 Plus and iPhone X.
MDR-Z1R,ATH-MSR7 and V-Moda Crossfade Wireless.
Apprentice
Message 3 of 43
Message 3 of 43

Tried that already and it didn't help.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 43
Message 4 of 43

Hi @Markom80, when you did the diagnostics test for the touch screen, did you notice any spots where it did not recognise your touch?

Also, do you have a screen protector on your phone? Or do you still have the protective transport plastic that is on the screen when you buy it?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 43
Message 5 of 43

No I didn't notice any spots then. Then again it doesn't happen all the time which makes it even more annoying. And it seems to do it anywhere on the screen when it happens. I have read few posts about people having same problem with it but didn't see any solutios. And no I don't have any screen protector on, yet. And of course I have removed the transport plastic

Apprentice
Message 6 of 43
Message 6 of 43

For example when I'm scrolling down on website it has missed the touch several times. Sometimes it happens when typing. On some occasions when I scroll down on Facebook feed it decides not to scroll but instead hold the touch as I if would want to copy the text

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 43
Message 7 of 43

@Markom80,

Can you please test the phone in safe mode and tell me if it is the same or better?

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Apprentice
Message 8 of 43
Message 8 of 43

It seems to work better now. But i dont think any of the apps i have installed cause it. Well at least they didnt on my previous Z5. This one has done that touch missing from the very beginning

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 43
Message 9 of 43

@Markom80,

If it is functioning correctly in safe mode it will have to be a third party app causing the issue, as safe mode disables them.

Specifically what application is the question though. You can start removing applications one at a time, and testing after each one to isolate the issue, or, you can perform a software repair using Xperia Companion.

Apprentice
Message 10 of 43
Message 10 of 43

Well there arent really any apps i could stop using, only the important ones are installed. And that software repair sounds really troublesome after having to spend alot of time to customize and make the phone look like "my own" so i have all the right icons in their places.