account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia assist functions

Adept
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Xperia assist functions

Hello all, 

I have been using the xperia assist widget for a while now and  have a few  questions and suggestions regarding it. 

1. There should be a setting in which you can uncheck certain functions that you dont want the xperia action to remind you of. For example, my phone is always on silent and the widget reminds me about it 95% of the time. It would be nice if i could turn that reminder off. Screenshot_20171123-224431.png

2. The only other reminders i have got until now are that of setting alarm (which is realy nice), and missed calls (rarely get them though). Thats all i have had until now and feel that the app has a lot more functionality can be added to it.

3. Some suggestions: a) severe weather alerts-can remind of rapid temp changes, major snowfall, heat wave, etc. B) song recognition: just like google pixel, this functionality would be nice to have. The phone could listen to background songs and recognize and remind them. C) reminder to turn on wifi when at home based on location 

Again, there should be  a list  of all the functions in the settings and the user should be allowed to use whichever they want and block the others. 

Please feel free to share your experiences, suggestions or any problems that you had with this widget. 

8 REPLIES 8
Apprentice
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Xperia assist functions

At least you are getting tips...Xperia assist didn't give me any message . Do you know why mine isn't working? 

Talent
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Try using only alarms...
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

You can disable the "Your phone is muted" reminder by going to Settings -> Assist -> Xperia Tips -> 3 dots at the top right -> options/settings and there you will find it under the "send me reminders" Screenshot_20180222-002622.png

Apprentice
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

These all functions even ticked does not work; i tried giving missed calls to my device XA1 Plus dual several times, but i does not show in reminder actions, it does show in phone call log section as usual. what is the solution for this?

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

You have to wait a few hours in order for the missed call to appear. 

Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

How many Hrs we have to wait to get the tips

I am using from last 1 year , and not get any tips only lamp idea icon is ther on home screen nothing else come out of that

Apprentice
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

I got 3 tips so far in 3 months 

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Xperia actions; Clever Reminders work according your phone habits. It works according to how and which section of the phone you use very frequent. Say if you get missed calls very frequent in a month say around 2-5 missed calls per day then the phone will show you missed call reminder after adapting your phone habits. If your phone is kept at silent a lot in the month or two, then it will start showing DND reminders in that Lamp icon and so on. So in general it won't show multiple reminders or one reminder after the other like that. it basically tries to understand your daily use habits, your daily activities and daily usage in particular section of the phone and then it cleverly reminds you accordingly. Firstly in Android N i used to get missed call reminders then after in O i am getting more DND type reminders after 2 months of 8.0.0 update. So in short it basically learns your phone habits in a slow manner.