account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia XZ Premuim laggy video playback after the latest update android 8.0

Learner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Xperia XZ Premuim laggy video playback after the latest update android 8.0

I've purchased my XZ Premium 2 months ago, i had no problems with it so far great performance, incredible HDR screen, with Android 7.1 nougat on board, and updated it to Android 8.0 oreo the performance got even better. but i noticed a problem after receiving a small update in January 2018, in playbacking some videos on Sony's video app, the issue is whenever i play an mkv video formats the video gets laggy , first i thought the phone doesn't support this format or something like that, but when i tried to to play another regular mkv videos the same issue occur, I got frustrated then i tried to play the movies that I watched month ago it had the same issue, before it was playing fine now it's laggy, i was like "what is going on", I've lots of videos with different formats and resolutions, my XZ Premium can play 4K and 4K HDR content h264 and h265 codecs just fine, but when playing some 1080p video that is mkv / wbem format h264 or h265 the video gets laggy, even playing 720p videos, the problem don't occur with mp4 files only on mkv videos, it's so annoying. 

Imagine the phone can run 4k with no problems but lags when playing 720p videos, lol what  is going with this phone really.

My old Xperia Z with Android 4.4.4 kitkat can run the video without lags but my new XZ Premium lags, lol this new update totally ruined my new phone for good, I'm a big fan of Sony Xperia phones my first Android phone was an Xperia and the last phone I've purchased is an Xperia.

Plus: my friend had the same problem on his Xperia Z5 Premium, when he updated his phone from Android 6.0 (marshmallow) to Android 7.0 (nougat), I downgraded it to 6.0 and the problem  gone, i really wanna know why is this happening with the new Xperia updates.

Here is a video sample of the issue playing a 720p movie from 2004, lol.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/t95l8ls1uj9siy0/2018_01_17_11_51_35.mp4

2 REPLIES 2
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Xperia XZ Premuim laggy video playback after the latest update android 8.0

I also have this issue when I play mkv file 720p.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Xperia XZ Premuim laggy video playback after the latest update android 8.0

Same, it really bad.

Must be software issue but the question is why they don't tend to fix it?