account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia XZ Premium not charging and not starting

Rookie
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Xperia XZ Premium not charging and not starting

I have connected the phone to the USB lead and to a wall socket. A tiny red light comes on in the top left corner of the phone and a charging logo appears on the screen of the phone. This logo has one red bar on it. The logo then disappears, reappears a few seconds later and then disappears again. Then, about every 90 seconds the same logo, with red bar, reappears twice, and then disappears. I have left the phone on charge for about 12 hours and the phone will still not start up when I press the power button and hold it for 10 seconds, it does not vibrate.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong or what the problem is?

5 REPLIES
Pioneer
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Xperia XZ Premium not charging and not starting

Hi @David160;

Have you tried a different cable/charger?

Is the USB port clean of dirt, lint or moisture?

Try the 2 minute restart (hold power + volume up buttons for 2 minutes, let it charge for some time then start the phone).

Follow this tips. and this.

Highlighted
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Agree, I'd try a different power block.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Rookie
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

I have tried a different lead and USB plug to charge the phone. The charging port and USB lead are clean and dry. I tried the 2 minute restart.

The same things happenned as before, the red bar is not flashing, shoud it flash. There were no vibrations when I tried the 2 minute restart.

Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

What power bricks are you trying?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Rookie
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

I have tried 2 different USB leads connected to 2 different USB plugs which were connected to the wall socket on the main electricity supply. They were not connected to a computer.