account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia XZ Premium UI lag/stutter/choppiness

Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

Xperia XZ Premium UI lag/stutter/choppiness

My Sony Xperia XZ Premium has recently become buggy.The whole UI feels unsmooth and choppy at times.When i scroll web pages there seems to a a trembling effect and frame drops that occur in the menus and apps as well.The phone is not unusable but it's very annoying to see these problems when it just recently ran perfectly.Restarting or factory resetting the phone doesnt help at all even after multiple attemps and neither does messing around with the developer options.Could this be a hardware malfunction of a software issue?I'm currently on the single sim variant 47.1.A.8.49 firmware.

13 REPLIES 13
Emperor
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Re: Xperia XZ Premium UI lag/stutter/choppiness

@Bozhidar_Ivanov

The first thing I would do is to boot in >>> safe mode and see if I experience the same issue

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

I did boot it in safe mode and the issue still persists.

Emperor
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

@Bozhidar_Ivanov

Repair the phone with XC but do NOT restore anything 

Bridge (for Mac)

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

Tried it,doesnt help.Disabling most of the apps that i have no use of and run in the background also doesnt help.I'm not a heavy user and i dont strain the hardware with heavy games or anything.It's mind boggling to me why this is happening.

Emperor
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

@Bozhidar_Ivanov

Try my suggestion and report back or contact Sony directly >>> Local support

Highlighted
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

I have and they basically tell me to factory reset it.If the next firmware doesnt fix the problem ill take it to get serviced.Though i can bet money the technicians  at the store will label it as "not a serious enough of an issue" and wont send it for a repair or swap it for a new one.

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

I know this might sound stupid, but do you have stamina mode enabled by any chance?  

Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

Stamina mode turns on when the phone reaches 15% battery.
But yes,i have tried turning it off regardlessly and it doesnt help either.

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

Did you try a software repair? You mentioned only factory reset.