account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia XZ Premium. Android 9 Pie thoughts and earnest requests

Highlighted
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Xperia XZ Premium. Android 9 Pie thoughts and earnest requests

Hello,

Recently updated my xzp with android pie with a lot of excitement. What I got was a updated camera interface which is great and a full hd mode in super slowmo recording. That's it.  No updated systemui like the xz3, no portrait selfie mode like the xz3 and no camera2api support also no additional modes for superslowmo like 240fps@1080p/480fps@720p. Why? I have a flagship device from sony which is launched just a year back. Still I don't get new flagship features. Also i dont get support(like camera2api raw) by which i can use third party apps such as the great google camera because sony doesn't gave full support for camera2 api. So here I am helpless with a flagship device with which I cannot click portrait shots, cant record a proper slowmotion video without worrying about timing it right. Why is sony treating its loyal fans who believe in them? I have been consistently using sony devices since the time when sony mobile was sony ericsson. I just love love sony and recommend sony to each and every other guy who I meet. XZ Premium is not doubt a superb device but Sony please its a flasghip device and it must not miss useful important basic common features. I request sony to please take this into consideration and atleast try and give features such as software portrait mode for front and back camera and 240/480fps slowmo recording option. If sony doesn't want to give this features in an official update then atleast give camera2api support so that we can use these features with the google camera mods. I look forward to get a reply. Thank You.

1 REPLY 1
One time poster
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Xperia XZ Premium. Android 9 Pie thoughts and earnest requests

Totally agree with this post. Sony is great innovative awesome. It feels Premium to hold any Sony device but Sony really needs to focus on such important things and fan requests.