account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia™ Keyboard not supported after oreo update

Apprentice
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Xperia™ Keyboard not supported after oreo update

Hi! I have really been enjoying the new features of Android oreo so far but today I noticed that Xperia™ keyboard is no longer supported. Instead it seems that I should use that not so good Swiftkey keyboard with bad interface. Really, Swiftkey is simply terrible compared to Xperia™ Keyboard. I still have the Xperia™ keyboard in my phone but it seems I won't be getting new updates or anything to it. Do any of you know if we will get our belowed Xperia™ keyboard back or is it gone for good? I'd also like Xperia developers to hear this feedback.

7 REPLIES 7
Genius
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Xperia™ Keyboard not supported after oreo update

@Sonytist agree with you, much prefer the Xperia keyboard but for the time being at least i'm afraid it is Swftkey or have a look/try at the miriad of others available on Play Store Crying Face

Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

it's interesting to hear that you don't like Swiftkey while you liked Xperia Keyboard, seeing as the latter used Swiftkey's engine with just a different look.
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Using ADB you can completely uninstall Swifkey...as I did. But before doing that make sure you install another one from the Play Store. I use Gboard. Works great, has themes, spell check, etc., etc.

Just make sure if you uninstall Swiftkey that you do not uninstall any third party keyboards until you install another one to test which one you like the best. Try to make sure you always have a keyboard installed before uninstalling another one.

I used ADB to uninstall other stuff (bloat) from this phone and nearly all of it came back with the updates...at least they did with the Oreo update. But Swiftkey did not come back on its own so that was cool to me. Gboard is the way to go.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for replying! Perhaps I'll give it a try. Slightly smiling Face

@StanleyKubrick wrote:

Using ADB you can completely uninstall Swifkey...as I did. But before doing that make sure you install another one from the Play Store. I use Gboard. Works great, has themes, spell check, etc., etc.

Just make sure if you uninstall Swiftkey that you do not uninstall any third party keyboards until you install another one to test which one you like the best. Try to make sure you always have a keyboard installed before uninstalling another one.

I used ADB to uninstall other stuff (bloat) from this phone and nearly all of it came back with the updates...at least they did with the Oreo update. But Swiftkey did not come back on its own so that was cool to me. Gboard is the way to go.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

@dandy63 wrote:

@Sonytist agree with you, much prefer the Xperia keyboard but for the time being at least i'm afraid it is Swftkey or have a look/try at the miriad of others available on Play Store Crying Face

That seems to be the only option aside of keeping the old xperia keyboard. Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

It's very bad decision, sony mobile is stopping support there apps ((

Learner
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

I am unable to update SwiftKey after oreo update, even can't login in to the user account for personalization. Please help me out, i don't like using any other keyboards. 

@StanleyKubrick wrote: