account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZP camera has serious distortion issue

SOLVED
Learner
Message 831 of 838
Message 831 of 838

Re: XZP camera has serious distortion issue

I noticed that about super slow motion but i was in 4K mode, it's still dark if I turn it to fps 30 it comes a bit brighter but not much am I missing something?? My iPhone 6 plus used to brighten things up on its own without the flash even being on 

Message 832 of 838
Message 832 of 838
Moved:

This post has been moved to a more relevant topic. You can find the new location by clicking the link located above.

One time poster
Message 833 of 838
Message 833 of 838

Is there anyone who can direct me to this setting or tell me what I need to do to get this enabled. I sent the phone already twice to Sony support but they are not able to fix it.

The last time I included a detailed description of the problem and I was also told on the phone that this setting is available.

It took the so called technical experts several weeks to write "No fault found" on a sheet of paper and to send the phone back. I am very sick of this phone and support. I expected a lot more from Sony.

If they had told me at the beginning that there is no solution, I would have returned it right away.

Instead I went thru a lot of bull..... advices, like "Restart your phone" or "Do a factory reset".

I really hope that there is someone out there who knows something and can help.

When I call them next time, I probably will loose my temper...

Inhabitant
Message 834 of 838
Message 834 of 838

Screenshot_20180525-052217.png

As long as you have done the software updates then open the camera app, press on the cog (settings) then the down arrow for more. Scroll down till your find correction for image distortion and turn it on. 

Commissioner
Message 835 of 838
Message 835 of 838

Hi @Emir

I have a technical question about the correction algorithm.

On XZ2 the switcher button say "correction distortion" if enabled and "quality image" if disabled.

So, this means that photos lose quality when the algorithm is on? Precisely, how much quality they lost and in which areas?

Please, give an answer about.

Thanks

Message 836 of 838
Message 836 of 838

As a warp of some kind will be applied, you can probably assume that some areas are stretched, some are shrunk in order to straighten the image, that would be trchnically classed as a "lack of quality". 

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 837 of 838
Message 837 of 838

@viridis

This could be an explanation about, but why not an official statement from Sony engeneers here to clearify? Is a simple question about a feature developed...

Regular
Message 838 of 838
Message 838 of 838

Hello there, 

I'm just new on this topic as something has come up to my attention. 

I've had my XZ Premium for a while now (it has just come back from repair for a warranty issue) and I have noticed that the camera is now slightly foggy when I shoot light around it.

My husband has recently got the exact same phone and today while playing with it, I've noticed the ridiculous difference in photos with the exact same settings. Wondering if I need to worry about this and send it back to repair? (fault was more prominent after repair).

Im attaching both pictures. Both taken on Xperia XZ Premium, 17mp (16x9) resolution. Find the differences. DSC_0070.JPGMy photo (don't ask me why it rotated)

received_2061292230752602.jpegPhoto from a different XZ Premium.