account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZP camera has serious distortion issue

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 791 of 838
Message 791 of 838

Re: XZP camera has serious distortion issue

Wow, so excited, suddenly high exposure....Nauseated Face 

Message 792 of 838
Message 792 of 838

@timtam

If the exposure is too high, find the slider to reduce it, or use a better metering method.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Enthusiast
Message 793 of 838
Message 793 of 838

Actually I've XZ1 which has the same distortion issues... I will wait for the update.

The red XZP look really great and I want feel like I want to sell my XZ1 just to buy it lol

Device : Xperia XZ1
Headphone : MDR-1ALTD + MUC-S12SB1, ATH WS1100 + MUC-S12SM1
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
Sony Xperia Support
Message 794 of 838
Message 794 of 838

@enthilzar wrote:

@Emir

Thanks for your reply.

Any ETA for this update coming for XZ1 Compact?

Hi @enthilzar,

We have been working diligently to offer our enhanced anti-distortion option since our decision to introduce it following customer feedback, but due to timings it was not possible to integrate the new option on XZ1 and XZ1 Compact at launch. However, it will be available via software update at the end of November.

Please note that Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region and country. Therefore, we are unfortunately not able to provide you with an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Adept
Message 795 of 838
Message 795 of 838

Hi @Emir, 

I think it would also be the best if the Camera2 API can be integrated at our xperia phones 😊 

Enthusiast
Message 796 of 838
Message 796 of 838

Amazing, so Sony finally admits that the amount of distortion was not industry standard. Well, finally.

You don't happen to have any comparing pictures with and without correction?

Inhabitant
Message 797 of 838
Message 797 of 838

Anyone in the UK.  Is the Oreo update avaliable on sim free phone's yet.  If so how can I get it?

I have the unlocked version but I am using a Three sim, have I got to wait for Three or can I download it somewhere.  I can't find any mention on the Sony XZ Premium page on their store.

Thanks.

Message 798 of 838
Message 798 of 838

@Nighthawk1979 wrote:

Anyone in the UK.  Is the Oreo update avaliable on sim free phone's yet.  If so how can I get it?

I have the unlocked version but I am using a Three sim, have I got to wait for Three or can I download it somewhere.  I can't find any mention on the Sony XZ Premium page on their store.

Thanks.

Not yet

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Inhabitant
Message 799 of 838
Message 799 of 838

Talking to a support person now on the UK live chat. I'm not getting very far very fast though. I'll send the transcript of the conversation in a bit.

Message 800 of 838
Message 800 of 838

They won't know, it's when all the networks pass it and give it back for deployment.

What network you on?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.